hang bike from rear pegs

tico1340

Registered
can you hang busa from rear pegs ? looking to swap out my dogbone links to raise bike are the rear pegs ok to strap too ?/

Use a floor jack at the drain plug. With horizontal stabilization of course.

hope it works out for you. i personally would not even consider doing that... id jack it up and run a rod through the frame bolt..

The subframe crossbrace under the seat works for me-at least did before I mounted my Tiger Tail.

This is only my opinion, but the pass pegs can hold a 200 plus lb person on a single side when mounting and demounting the bike. One would think that they could support at least most of that weight in the opposite direction for lifting the rear. Insert disclaimer here...

rear subframe as close to the frame as ya can with ratchet straps from walmart. Only thing to remove is the seat. Be careful as you ratchet it up tho, make sure its centered and the front isnt wandering off.

yeah ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

what he said, but yeah i had a 6 foot flat strap from work, and when you go to let it down that may be a little trick, you will want a friend to help,, the ratchet staps really only work going up ,,, i just lifted the back by hand and had my wife pull the hooks out of the foot pegs and i just set it down and leaned it over on the kick stand

abuddy is really a must

good luck

Do you have a grab bar on it? If so that will hold it no problem, if not I wouldn't see a problem with the peg brackets holding it up either.

The first time I did dogbones, before I had a rear stand, I put it on the sidestand and jacket it up under the bellypan bracket. Let it rest on the sidestand and the front wheel, whil my father held it steady.

I would not recommend doing it this way. A jack and a rear stand will suffice at the minimum, IMO

I was installing Soupys lowering links last night and my buddy was loosing his grip on supporting the bike before I could get the new links on, so in a pinch I stuck a jack stand under the left rear passenger foot stand and it supported the bike with no issue. I would not recommend this to anyone to do as an installation option for supporting the rear as it was one of those "i need to do something quick" methods. However, I do believe there would be no issue in supporting the bike using BOTH brakets from a hanging standpoint since I had no issue with my quick support method I should not have had to resort to.

Used a cherry picker! Strapped to the rear subframe

Slide4.jpg

You will need a jack of some type I believe. I replaced my dog bones twice on my 05 and you have to relieve the tension on the shock to remove the bolts in the dog bones. Putting the bike on a stand or raising it with straps will not do this. Even if you raise the bike with straps, you will still need a jack to support the shock and suspension as you remove the bolts. I didnt have a rear stand when I did mine and left it on the side stand. A small floor jack is optimal, as you only need to jack it up maybe less than a quarter of an inch.

Back