hang bike from rear pegs

I hung mine from the frankenstein bolts when I put my lowering links on
Posted via Mobile Device

Now that, I would be a little, no very cautious doing ::11 I'm sure it can be done because he said so.??? But risky, very risky.

You will need a jack of some type I believe. I replaced my dog bones twice on my 05 and you have to relieve the tension on the shock to remove the bolts in the dog bones. Putting the bike on a stand or raising it with straps will not do this. Even if you raise the bike with straps, you will still need a jack to support the shock and suspension as you remove the bolts. I didnt have a rear stand when I did mine and left it on the side stand. A small floor jack is optimal, as you only need to jack it up maybe less than a quarter of an inch

Yes, if you do have means to a small jack it's nice, but if not it can be done using just the straps. You are not really raising whole bike off ground when suspending it, but just actually lifting/raising it enough to find the happy medium where the suspension has no weight on it. Actually the rear tire should still be touching ground with weight from wheel and swing arm on it and you are just relieving the rear suspension from the weight of frame/motor(rest of bike forward). Think of it as changing car tire, when you jack up the car you just take the weight of car off the wheel, if you just jack it up enough to relieve weight you can just slide wheel right off and you won't even be lifting the actual weight of wheel/tire cause all of it's weight is still being transfered to the ground, and the weight of car is being supported by the jack.

Just my .03

i second the chery picker aka motor stand. it works very well and the bike is really stable on it....just be careful not to move to quickly as a 500 lb machine will swing

Back