Hayabusa - R1

lastmanstanding

Registered
Hello friends, this is my first post here, if possible please suggest me as it is killin me, i am planning to buy a bike next week, i love busa, its styling, speed tag, virtually every thing about it but one thing not for sure is its weight, on the other hand there is R1 light and fast enough but i dont like its bare looks to an extent. Please suggest me which one should I pick, if possible some points to support the choice would do the trick.

Cheers

What kind of riding experience do you have? What kind of riding are you planning on doing? Touring, 1/4 mile track, track(roadracing), or just for night life?

What type of riding do u plan on....Long rides, short rides, solo, or 2 up, racing, twisties, drag, commuter, or just weekends..... How experienced are you with bikes? Don't forget to check with your insurance prior to the buy,

Busa- Great looks, can be heavy to an in-experienced rider, plenty of power, good on longer rides, holds its own in the twisties, dominates the drag strip, awesome for 2 up riding.....

R1- Looks ok, ok power, best at solo riding, great in the twisties, very light, best part....there are 5 on every corner. So everytime time you park it....there will be 3 next to you within 20 minutes. So your individuality goes right out the door!

Bottom line:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>T H E B U S A R O C K S</span>

If you aren't very used to them, liter bikes will surprise/bite you with their power. By that I mean that they have low power till you rev them pretty hard then they suddenly have ALOT of power. Busa is a more honest bike, power is there from the time you start it till you redline.

If you aren't very used to them, liter bikes will surprise/bite you with their power.  By that I mean that they have low power till you rev them pretty hard then they suddenly have ALOT of power.  Busa is a more honest bike, power is there from the time you start it till you redline.
Good point......

thanx a lot for the reply, inching towards busa I suppose, well i am not a wheelie man or a track freak, i want a comfortable and powerful bike for occasionally long rides and night riding and weekend kinda stuff, i owned a Cbr and partially owned a 10r for few months (my friends).

Cheers

thanx a lot for the reply, inching towards busa I suppose, well i am not a wheelie man or a track freak, i want a comfortable and powerful bike for occasionally long rides and night riding and weekend kinda stuff, i owned a Cbr and partially owned a 10r for few months (my friends).

Cheers
Choose Busa
biggrin.gif

Where in India are you? Depending on where you are, things can go awfully wrong for you on a lighter bike. If you're in the more developed parts of India, road, where roads aren't as bad as places like Mumbai or further south, I suppose a lighter bike ain't too bad.

grab the busa and enjoy the ride. or better yet look at it this way, i doubt you wil be able to outride this bike.

Cheers
Though you're not a wheelie man or a track freak, you still can do both with ease, as well as kick ass at the strip. The aftermarket has everything you could imagine for the busa.....you cant really say that for the R1.

If anything, PLEASE take some kinda moto safety course if you dont have much experience, cause ANY bike, not to mention one w/ 1000cc's or more, can get you in trouble very fast.
Whatever you do, good luck, and welcome!

I hhad the same dilema last year. I was able to get a test ride on an '04 R1....great bike, don't get me wrong, but the Busa, with its comfort and torque filled rideability, is the bike for me. It's also much better for two-up riding, ultra stable, and more than competent in the twisties. I've never looked back
smile.gif

Back