Heard this on another site....

2007 is too long...we're gonna get spanked next year and we damn near did by the 1k this year.  You think they'd at least throw us a bone with a digital cockpit or something..
Ditto. If no changes show up for the next model year then they have made a conscious decision to allow the bikes title to fall. Bad "srategery" if you know what I mean.
smile.gif

I'm happy with what I have and have no problem waiting to see what the updates are, if any. If not, I've still got my '03 Busa to kick it on!
True that! I'm definately happy with what I have...but it's a pride thing too. ah, it's just the rumor mill anyway....I should be used to these posts by now, usually don't even read them...

I've already made up my mind to purchase the new Busa when it comes out. I'll give it a year, though...let Suzuki work out the kinks with the first-year model.

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 10:02    Post subject: Possibly.. Fairly Important.. Next Gen Busa... new source  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know how whenever i say " a guy i know" , people get get uptight about rumors and the sources. It really is about WHO you know. On saturday, i had lunch with the vice president of Suzuki motorcycles at Road America for the Suzuki 20th Anniversary celebration. His name is Mel Harris. We talked about Busa's, 1000's and cruisers. Here's what he told me: 1. the next gen Busa will be a 2007. they are profitable for them and they will continue to produce them. i told him, more power and less weight. he gets it and that's what they are working on... 2. the B King will be here in 2007 as well. looks pretty cool... http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/tokyo2001/bking-f.html ..
http://www.suzukicycles.org/Concept-Suzuki/B-KING.shtml ..
3. not that i care, but the cruiser market is the biggest bike market in the U.S. and Suzuki is spending a considerable amount of time and money on it. I just sent him an email and am anxiously awaiting his reply.... i told him that we could provide substantial input. so, we will see if this contact pans out. ...... additionally, i must say that it was cool to talk briefly to Matt Mladin, Ben Spies, Aaron Yates and Kevin Schwantz.. .. Thanks Suzuki..
__
Here's how i see it: 1000's are TRACK bikes and Hayabusa's are sport bikes that you can ride comfortably at high rates of speed for long distances.. They are really apples and oranges.... !!
lets see.... both of those links go to a 2001 model wich has been around for along time, even the prototype.... so sorry, no fische here.

I find it surprising that the Vice President of Suzuki USA would let this info fly when even the magazines can't get this info from them. He would just hurt his 2006 model year sales by letting the cat out of the bag that it would change the next year. I  think this is more BS and it just doesn't make sense. Thanks for posting though, an interesting read.
smile.gif
He might be saying 2007 so they get rid of all of the 2005's and then come out with a redo in 2006.
I am one of thiose waiting for the Busa redo. I can't get past the extra 100 lbs over the 1000 but don't like the riding position of the 1000's. I can wait until '06 but not as far as '07 as I will probably get a 1000 despite the racers crouch.

If she's lookin good in 2007 i'll buy her. I'm going to get a Ducati 999R next year to complement the Busa, but if the 07 looks good the 999R will go.

I don't like the naked sport bike look. Needs some plastic. Where is the windscreen that you are going to need at 200mph???

I like the look..a little concerned about wind blast above 40
smile.gif
Make a killer power cruiser/sleeper..
I think the drag will hurt its numbers..still great looking!

<!--EDIT|2004Highway#9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118434278 -->

You know I'm actually a fan of cruiser bikes, just for the fact they sound loud and look cool all chromed out. I just get bored after awhile on them though. I was actually thinking I would get a Kawasaki Mean Streak in the future. I like how Suzuki changed all of their cruiser bikes over to this Boulevard line, however they really need to get some cubic inches. 90 just isn't cutting it.

They really need to turn the competition into a pulp by coming out with a 150 cubic inch from the factory. Now that would really get people's attention.

Back