hehee Kentucky Kid GO!!!!!!!!

actually three dominant riders lost this year..

wsbk's Troy Corser has been ruling the roos over there for a few years.. not as much as mladin or rossi... but anyway.

(05 Busa LE @ Oct. 30 2006,06
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) 2006 MotoGP World Champion!
biggrin.gif
super.gif
super.gif
502404_19525.jpg

super.gif

I think its unpatriotic when americans root for rossi over hayden.Come on folks.Hes our HOMEBOY.I dont care who wins but as long as its an american its gonna put a smile on my face

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>YEAH NICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

(umairhashmi @ Oct. 30 2006,10:20) I think its unpatriotic when americans root for rossi over hayden.Come on folks.Hes our HOMEBOY.I dont care who wins but as long as its an american its gonna put a smile on my face
Interesting  
wink.gif
, Me, I root for a Brand ( and until Suzuki gets their act together) and it's Ducati. Now if Nicky was racing all the other riders and all were riding the same make, well I would root for Nicky. But for me, the Factory is more emotional to me than the rider. Riders come and go, BUT the factory can be there for the LONG Run  
tounge.gif

And remember just because some of us didn't think Nicky would pull it off, that didn't mean we were'nt rooting for him. It's just the ability still rested in Rossi's favor in our opinion. And I still think Rossi is undoubtly the Best Rider --- Maybe Ever in MotoGp  
beerchug.gif

NICKY!!!!

So awesome to have the World Title back to the States!!!!

IMHO though, Nicky never really "beat" Rossi on a rider for rider basis. He DID beat him Mathematically, which I guess is still a victory. But this is definitely for Nicky to savor for a longtime. Say goodbye to "69" cuz he did state on "SpeedReport" that he'll wear the "1" plate next year. Bout damn time someone in GP bears the Number 1!!!!

How bout Bayliss? Man can he still ride!! I wish he would just get picked up by a GP team but I guess WSBK is where he'll be for 07.

(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 30 2006,22:47) NICKY!!!!

So awesome to have the World Title back to the States!!!!

IMHO though, Nicky never really "beat" Rossi on a rider for rider basis. He DID beat him Mathematically, which I guess is still a victory. But this is definitely for Nicky to savor for a longtime. Say goodbye to "69" cuz he did state on "SpeedReport" that he'll wear the "1" plate next year. Bout damn time someone in GP bears the Number 1!!!!
We all know Rossi is the fastest rider, but to win the Championship it takes more than that.

You need a team/factory that can provide a reliable bike.  Rossi's yami broke what twice.  It was Rossi's choice to ride the Yami, I know that Rossi would've won the title on a honda.  Nicky picked the right team/factory to ride with.

Rossi got taken out by Elias, Hayden got taken out by Pedrossa.

They both had the same tires, Rossi was unlucky that his front chunked in China.

But then again Hayden never crashed due to his own fault, Rossi did in Valencia. Rossi also crashed due to his own fault in practice at Assen, which caused him to ride injured for a race.

Soo, things equal out as far as I can remember.  Except for the Yami breaking twice, but again that was Rossi's choice to ride with Camel/Yamaha.

Nicky deserves this championship, no doubt about it!

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 31 2006,00:49) Nicky deserves this championship, no doubt about it!
Indeed he does!! Very good points too. The Repsols of Pedro and Nicky were very reliable. Well, actually, Nicky was always on some sort of "test prototype" that had clutch problems on the 2nd half of the season and Vale had engine problems.

So yeah, Nicky and Vale were on "equal" footing and Nicky just showed more consistency this year. Anyhow, I'm gonna miss the 69 as it'll be replaced the #1!!
bowdown.gif

Back