Hello From NH

Johnders2586

Registered
Hey All,

A new (used) Hayabusa owner here, hoping to learn from the community and maybe some day contribute some knowledge to.. Just picked up an 05 Gen 1 Hayabusa with 19K on it. Seems mostly stock other then some Yoshimura slip ons. and some blue LED's the prior owner left. I've add a K&N filter. Hope to have the ECU flashed over the winter to remove any factory restrictions.

A little about myself. I started on dirt bikes as a kid, got my first motorcycle at 17. So I've been riding for over 20 years, this is my 4th bike. I started on Harleys then switched over to sport bikes. Took a few years off without a bike. I found this Hayabusa for a good price and I always wanted one, so said screw it.. I've put a few hundred miles on it already and really love it. Not nearly as intimidating as some make it out to be, actually I find it quite pleasant and as mild or wild as you want it to be.. I consider myself more of a "car guy" but really I just enjoy riding, working on and tinkering with anything that has an engine or that I can drive, assuming like most people on here..

Other then that I live a very typical boring life of work, kids, wife, house.... Rinse and repeat..

PS: Am I blind or is there no actual GEN 1 sub forum on here??

20240917_185101.jpg

20240917_185109~2.jpg

20240917_185120.jpg

Last edited:
Hey All,

A new (used) Hayabusa owner here, hoping to learn from the community and maybe some day contribute some knowledge to.. Just picked up an 05 Gen 1 Hayabusa with 19K on it. Seems mostly stock other then some Yoshimura slip ons. and some blue LED's the prior owner left. I've add a K&N filter. Hope to have the ECU flashed over the winter to remove any factory restrictions.

A little about myself. I started on dirt bikes as a kid, got my first motorcycle at 17. So I've been riding for over 20 years, this is my 4th bike. I started on Harleys then switched over to sport bikes. Took a few years off without a bike. I found this Hayabusa for a good price and I always wanted one, so said screw it.. I've put a few hundred miles on it already and really love it. Not nearly as intimidating as some make it out to be, actually I find it quite pleasant and as mild or wild as you want it to be.. I consider myself more of a "car guy" but really I just enjoy riding, working on and tinkering with anything that has an engine or that I can drive, assuming like most people on here..

Other then that I live a very typical boring life of work, kids, wife, house.... Rinse and repeat..

PS: Am I blind or is there no actual GEN 1 sub forum on here??

View attachment 1687771

View attachment 1687772

View attachment 1687773
Welcome,

That's a good looking bike, you did well to find such a clean one....

As for a Gen 1 specific section.....remember this forum was created in 1999 when there was only a gen 1 available.

Congrats and welcome! Great looking bike. As mentioned the General Bike Related Topics Forum was how much of this site started and was all about the only version of the bike that existed. Gen2 and Gen3 sections were added as it became apparent they were introduced.

The underside of your rear tail section is either not stock or immaculate. Aftermarket or reupholstered seat too!
Blue/white looks good :)
Not stock, has had the entire rear guard removed and an aftermarket 'tail tidy' and plastic under guard section fitted.
Looks good. but personally I prefer the stock look and set up on the Gen 1.

Back