HELP!!! Truck wont start

Odyssey

Registered
My battery is "almost" dead and all it does when i try to start is click, no one will stop to help, there are no other cars, and i dont have a battery charger

Is there anyway to start my truck
rock.gif

its a 1997 GMC Sierra C1500, automatic

where's yer bike...use its battery for a little extra juice,disconnect the cables first thou . Make sure yer batt conections are clean an' tight .

superkaos still has my bike, but i found a motorcycle trickle charger, and thats hooked up to the truck

superkaos still has my bike, but i found a motorcycle trickle charger, and thats hooked up to the truck
thats gonna take a while bro....trickle chargers for bikes usually put about 500 ma . You need more bang than that man , you need like 2 amps minimum , preferably 8-10 if yer in a hurry . This wont help you today , but I have always had a 2 battery system in every truck or van . Big V8's need a ton of crankin' amps . The parts are cheap , an' its easy to do . I used to make em' up with an old selonoid linking the two batt's , with a toggle in the cab to flip back an forth between the two . This way only one is in the system at a time , that way if yer alternator ever decides to pack it in on a road trip , you wont cook both batt's. Or if you mistakely leave yer lights , you come back to a truck with only one dead battery . Great for camping too, crank the stereo for days , then when its time to leave , flick over to the other battery. If I had a truck the size of yers, I have one honkin' huge RV or marine battery in there . Their deep cycle so they hold a charge better,longer,and actually like to be run right down .
Just a hint bro, hope yer day improves.

I used to make em' up with an old selonoid linking the two batt's , with a toggle in the cab to flip back an forth between the two [/QUOTE]

Is this setup like a battery isolator maintaining a charge on "both" batteries even when the secondary is not in use ,but with a switch to choose which battery to use?

If so what  which wire from the rectifier on the Busa can I tap into using this type of switch to maintain two batteries?  

I've been thinking of doing a mod like this for added accesories (full heated suit,radar,gps and Nomad 20 gig jukebox) using an 90 amp battery islotar with a secondary deep cycle sealed battery.  With this setup I will just hook all of my accessories to the second battery which will recieve a charge as needed from the alt via "battery isolator" and no worries of placing a strain or draining the primary batt while the bike is running or turned off.

I used to make em' up with an old selonoid linking the two batt's , with a toggle in the cab to flip back an forth between the two

Is this setup like a battery isolator maintaining a charge on "both" batteries even when the secondary is not in use ,but with a switch to choose which battery to use?

If so what  which wire from the rectifier on the Busa can I tap into using this type of switch to maintain two batteries?  

I've been thinking of doing a mod like this for added accesories (full heated suit,radar,gps and Nomad 20 gig jukebox) using an 90 amp battery islotar with a secondary deep cycle sealed battery.  With this setup I will just hook all of my accessories to the second battery which will recieve a charge as needed from the alt via "battery isolator" and no worries of placing a strain or draining the primary batt while the bike is running or turned off.[/QUOTE]
personally Ryth I wouldn't bother . Most m/c accessories are built to draw very little , my electric vest for example draws .5
thats close to nothing,gps,radar,those things pull next to zip aswell . But if you've got a spot for a second battery , the quikest an' easiest way , the way I would go , (obviously yer not concerned about weight) would be to split the + going to yer battery into 2 , one main positive for each battery . Both of course get grounded to the frame . Then each main gets a switch . You then alternate each day , letting each battery take a turn a powering yer mobile entertainment center and getting charged by the stator. Its a great anti-theft device too , when yer away from yer ride,you can turn 'em both off,no juice to ignition circuit no matter what the purps do . The reason I'd go this type of route is so as not to mess with the stator directly, also you cant expect to ride around charging an "accessories only" battery because something has to power yer ride at all times while its running . Both batteries will have to share the same duties . Make sense?

You then alternate each day , letting each battery take a turn [/QUOTE].

Thats what the battery Isolator does automatically (built in voltage regulator) maintains both with no manual  switching .

I guess I'll just hook it up the way you said coming from the positive cable using an  isolator splitting to both batteries they way I hooked up my audio sound system(bumpn azz sound system).  

(obviously yer not concerned about weight) [/QUOTE]

Yeah baby strickly Pos'n

Good lQQkn out RSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back