HID for HighBeam?

here's one next to a OEM H7 base for comparison.

Photo_041405_003.jpg

i'd like to know how switching your low to your high works out . let us know if you do that.

Just got done about 2 hours ago... with Busahaya's help. Just got back from a late dinner at Denny's with him. Great guy for coming by to help.

Just to let you guys know, the HID kit I got from XenonKing is definitely different from what some of you guys got from the earlier group buy. The bulb base is different with those added on grommet and hard rubber spacer in the line. More importantly they've also included that foam disc that BusaHaya and CharlesBusa mentioned about fabricating. It made for a much tighter/snug fit. Virtually no place once the bulb is in place and that foam is tucked in. Then the clip springs in to hold it tight, then the spacer, then slip the OEM dust boot back into place, then use the last inline grommet to fill in the small hole to form a pretty tight seal against water and dust. We knew it was different because we took off BusaHaya's front cowl and compared it to the one he got.

The ballast is said to be the "5th" generation by Boris at XenonKing. He maybe right. There's a ink stamping between the two lines coming out of the ballast. The one I got today said "510", while BusaHaya's said "10".

As far as the swapping of lines between the highbeam and lowbeam? It went smoothly and I like it. It was simple. I just snipped off the connect for both lines and spliced them. I cut the highbeam line about 4" inches from the connector and that seem just about right with very little slack. Remember, if you want to do this make sure you cut about 4" to 5" from the highbeam connector, otherwise once you splice it to the lowbeam line, it will not reach down all the way to connect.

We fired her up, and the highbeam is the constant on. Flip the highbeam switch and Viola!!! We have daylight after 5 seconds!! We parked it out on the street just to check the aim, it seems fine. But it was so bright that all cars passing slowed down and one of them fast and furious cagers with his GF was so pissed that he flashed at us. Guess he was mad that it was a lot brighter than his lights.

The arrangement is now exactly what I wanted. The ability to turn on (at night) or off (in the daytime) the HID with the highbeam switch with no additional switch needed.

Guess I answered my own question of have this been done before. I guess I did it.

On the side note: BusaHaya is having some problems with his HID. He already contacted XenonKing. Hope they make good on it for him.

Thanks for all the help, BusaHaya. Hopefully, you be able to make it to Hooters in Old Town Pasadena tomorrow.

Glad I was able to give a hand Bro. Works out well the way Eynlai has his set up. Just flip that switch and BAM! instant sunlight.

I may have to look at that when I put mine on this summer. Can you post pics of your setup?

So if I understand you then the lowerbulb "HIGHBEAM" is always on and you can switch off the UPPERBULB or "LOWBEAM" with the left hi/lo switch?

Your highbeam is extremely glaring with HID and raised very very high fyi.

Glad it works out.

JD

very good idea ! you must have stole it from me:D !! so now you drive around with your low beam on and it shines threw the old high beam lens , and at night you turn on your high beam and the new HID comes on in the low beam lens. now when its on I take it that both lights are on . does the lower lens cause the regular light to blind people like it used to when it was a normal high beam? and if you turn off the (ighbea switch) HID do you still have enough light to drive?

No, it's pretty much the same as most other people's setup: HID bulb sits in the LowBeam housing, the regular Highbeam bulb (9600) is still in it's original Highbeam projector lense house. I just swapped the wiring and connectors.

So, my Highbeam (the one in the projector with the regular 9600 bulb) is the constant "on" light now. The HID (in the LowBeam housing) is now controllable with the standard "Hi-Beam" toggle switch that's on the clutch side.

I'll remember to take some pics when I help my co-worker on getting his installed.

so then you always have your original high beam on . won't that blind people or get the cops to pull you over ?

Cops are pretty leinent on bikes in So. Cal. But my "highbeam" is actually aimmed pretty low already. I can always re-aim it if need be.

Back