How long did your S22's last?

8700kms is pretty good actually.....
Most of it with TC level 5.
Todays first kms on Metzeler.

IMG_9454.jpg

3000 miles. Switched to a set of Bridgestones T32 as impossible to get the S22 in the UK this summer. These tyres are actually very good so far with no perceived difference in handling.

Speaking of the S22, are people sticking to the Hayabusa specific fitment ‘L’?

2,900kms. Az 2,500 I felt they were in pretty good shape, but then I spent an entire day in the rough twisties of the Dolomites and at the end the tread depth was around 1.6mms (legal minimum in Austria) so they had to go.

Michelin Road 6 GTs last much longer. They were never as sticky in the dry as the S22s, but simply brilliant in the rain. Now after 9,000kms they start to feel worse, but still plenty of tread left.

The stickier they are, the less time they last. There are much harder tires out there suitable for maybe 7-8k but not too good on the twisties, your choice. I try to get the middle somewhere, maybe 5k tires for the best of both worlds.
Since I rotate between 10 bikes and I no longer commute 70 miles R/T to work, I'm out of the tire 'game', are all sporty tires pretty much dual compound: Harder in the middle and softer sidewalls?
I have 'real' sport bikes for twisties, and when I'd take my busas and 14s cross country, I'd run AVONS and didn't need to replace tires on the other coast, when I'd start out fresh.

back in the day in hot Arizona on my K1200s Id wear out a soft rear in 1000 miles or less, front about 2000.......but I was younger and the roads were hot and twisty lmao

Got 5000km from rear, but probably should have replaced it at 4500km. Put on the Bridgestone T32. Hopefully get extra mileage from it.

I’ve had my bike just shy of 4 months and have 3450 miles on the Busa as of this evening. I do hit up the canyons regularly but the vast majority of my miles are accumulated on the highway. My rear is in need of immediate replacement so will be getting it replaced tomorrow, the front appears to have plenty of life left. Although I would love the rear to have lasted longer I can’t fault the tire in any way as far as levels of grip & the confidence it gives so I will likely be sticking with the S22’s for the life of the Busa.
I would like to take a short moment to express just how happy this bike makes me - lol - Thank you Suzuki for the machine you guys created for us to enjoy and please don’t ever stop making the Busa, can’t wait for a Gen 4 whenever that day may be.

IMG_3188.jpeg

Last edited:
Just noticed front OEM gone at 6000km or 3750 miles. Lasted 750 miles longer than rear.
Usually my fronts lasted twice longer than rear, but I guess weight of the Busa eliminates this ratio.

Only just noticed that Bridgestone now has an S23 so as soon as I need a fresh set of both front and rear tires I am intent on upgrading to a set of their S23’s as they are said to be an improvement and should give slightly more life before replacement (Bridgestone quote 8% vs the S22)

Back