How much did you pay ?

$8500 for a 2000, chrome rims, chrome 6" over arm, polished frame( worst polish job EVER) lowered yosh rs-3 4-2-1 Bought it March 1. Still can't post pics.

$10.2 OTD for a brand new '03 in '03 with helmet and gloves. Did some very minor cosmetic mods until last winter and though I have amount spent I try not to look at it. It's up there, but you gotta do something!

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY TO FIX YOUR BUSA?
[/QUOTE]

NO rebuild on the 01 Busa, Cache.  This was a brand spankn new 03 purchased back in Jul. Nice too see ya back on the scene.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111759328 -->

warbrown
Hayabusa Geek

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:1.49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (cache @ Mar. 24 2005,21:36)
then the next question is...........

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY TO FIX YOUR BUSA?

And the question after that is:[/QUOTE]

How much money have you dumped into mods on your Busa?

Is this a group question or was it intended for me ? Most of my work in the past and currently I do myself . On my first Busa I hand assembled all of my forty individual surface screw mount LED lights for the price of $10.00 ,along with my home made indiglo gauges I made personally from scratch for myself and a few others with the help from 469 boy and Icemann for way cheaper than the advertised prices and when no one was making them for the Busa, custom frame slider that where made from a local CNC shop for $12.00 that where installed by myself, $165 HID light I swapped with Icemann for an even exchange for one of my custom made indiglo gauges that he is currently sportn (another one of my satisfied customers).
DB Windscreen with custom chrome trim I had added after the purchase (total price , I forgot ?), Tobin seat, I think $105 back when he started, I used chrome vinly to cover my turn signals for $20. All polishing done by myself (frame,swingarm, and stock cans ) and all other parts chromed for $1650 which includes case cover,clutch cover,rear pegs,rims,clutch and brake covers,grab rail, rims and sprocket hub, Indiglo chrome light chain guard for $85 ( I added the indiglo). Also Silver ceramic coated header and mid pipe for $110 from Jet Hot . Tsubaki Chain upgrade along with a 42 tooth rear sprocket ( price, I forgot), Motorheads upgraded engine cover for $269. Oh yeah, and a Blue plastic head light cover for $40 purchase from Pryamid plastic. The total price in upgrades was around $2,299.00

Non bike item purchased included an Arai sig helmet $380, Perforated top and bottom Fieldshere leather suit fully padded for around $500 , and about $300 on different types of riding gloves.

Total price was a little unda $3000 which aint nothing compared to what others have spent on their Buas in cosmetics modz and didnt come close to mine in appearence.

I'll spill the beans on my newly purchased aftermarket modz and personal handcrafted parts at a l8tr time.

Ty

uploaded_Rhythm.jpg

Medusa, lit up, like a fire cracker.
super.gif

Heres one of my favorite indiglo gauges we made

rhythm_20gauges_202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Busa along with my custom chromed handgrips I forgot to mentioned earlier I had made for free along with my $12 polished aluminum frame sliders. Thinker is now the proud owner of them.

Chilln like a Villian

I messed up!  11,300OTD.  OUCH!
Thats not really too messed up.
You can do better - but at least your not one of the laydowns who pays 12,950!!! Or 13,500~! I've heard that #### goes on too!
LOL! Happens!!
Some guys just have zero negotiating skills.
11,300 aint that bad.
You gotta beware too. Many guys tell you they got it for nothing when they are full of #### and then make you feel like you got ripped off!

You gotta beware too. Many guys tell you they got it for nothing when they are full of #### and then make you feel like you got ripped off! [/QUOTE]

Tru that, tedbiele.  Thats why I posted my reciept showing what I paid ($8500 otd) at the beginning of this thread. The owner wanted $8900 for the bike but settled on the lower price we agreed on just to get rid of it.

Price of invoices includes  ICON Jackets and Pants with no taxes added ( no tax on clothing in PA) .
post-6-10459-hayabusa_purchase_order2.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111760021 -->

I paid 8200 for an 01 Blusa with 700 miles on it. Guy scared himself and didn't wan the bike anymore. I paid more than it was worth, because it was an American version in Japan - and you couldn't get them anywhere. Since then I have replaced a couple of fairings, frame sliders, inners, clear lenses, throttlemeister steel lines, devil exhaust, with gear, I'm into about 2K.

Well originally I was gonna buy a gixxer 1000 but when I came across this little baby I couldn't refuse. Paid 5600 for an 03 with 2300 miles on her back in oct 04....Previous owner purchased new in may 04....He said she scared him....he couldn't handle the busa...

I picked up my 02 SE for $7500 with 7000 miles on it. Mint condition with two yoshi RS3's and everything listed below. I have added a ZGDB myself. More to come.

Got a new helmet too. Couldn't ride the all black with a black and green Arai from my Kawi days !!

P3120016.JPG

those guages are the shid, Rythm...

if I keep this turd I'll get a set of those in blue (Smurf)

nice work man. RSD.

o ya... Paid 8 grand CANADIAN... whats that in American

prolly about 28 bucks.

Today thou, I'd like to push the fuggin' thing off a cliff.

die busa die

post_6_57390_rhythm_20gauges_202.jpg

$9760 plus $499 for the 48mo/unlimited warranty, August 03'. Bike had 3 miles on it. And, because I have some kind of compulsive oil changing disorder, I've spent about a billion on oil and filters. After attending group meetings, I am finally able to go almost a 1000 miles between oil changes. I'm getting better. No, really....I am.
jump9.gif

paid 12,500 canadian dollars in 2001
at this time the exchange rate was areound 1.65
thats about $7600 USD dollars in 2001

not to bad I would say

paid 12,500 canadian dollars in 2001
at this time the exchange rate was areound 1.65
thats about $7600 USD dollars in 2001

not to bad I would say [/QUOTE]

Now thats some wheeln and dealn .
super.gif

Wait a min I think this is probably the best deal I heard of.

ICEMANN
Top Gun

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN Feb 01, I bought an 01 new out of the crate! $6,600.00 [/QUOTE]

Dayum, Playa, talk about perfect timing. I remember when you bought yours right after I bought mine back in 01 from CA . I thought I got a sweet azz deal until you rolled up and busted my bubble with that price tag. Time sure does fly.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111780713 -->

rubbersidedown
Hayabusa Immortal

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:4.21
Location: lobby of some cheap motel, "Of course I'll respect you in the morning". Posted: Mar. 25 2005,17:02

those guages are the shid, Rythm...

if I keep this turd I'll get a set of those in blue (Smurf)

nice work man. RSD.

o ya... Paid 8 grand CANADIAN... whats that in American

prolly about 28 bucks.

Today thou, I'd like to push the fuggin' thing off a cliff.

die busa die
[/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
You mean $28.50

Where da Fug you been, Ace
rock.gif
I tell ya what, Pimp , I dont make these anymore cuz I have too much on my plate as it is but for your crazy azz I would diffinitely make an acception . Just holla at me when your ready, Playa .

Have a bless 1, my brutha Rub !

Ha!, I think I won, me and my girl paid $7590 ($100 less than the winning bid) for our 2003 mint with 5172 miles.

Back