I lost to a GSXR 1000

You need just a little more practice. Also a TRE will help you in the short run then just stay on it and you'll blow right by him.
I ride with my friend that has a gsxr1000 and he jumps on me about 1/2 bike then between 125 and 135 I go by him like he's out of juice.
And for the drag strip, you can't beat a Busa. Tap it at about 7,000 rpm and hold on, hit your shift points and read the times. You'll get there in a hurry.
Have fun and try him again.
Wayne

I have got a hold of a couple Gixxers and they are quick but the Busa just seems to have more torque to get you out ahead then the horses take over and it is the end of the story.

nobody seems to have mentioned anything about the fact that you said you didnt get over 160, and that you know you didnt get close to the 185 gov. the simple fact is that to race a gixx1000, you will have to push your bike as if you are racing another busa, i have the issue of sportrider when the busa and zx12 went heads up, and they put the TRE on the gixx1000 and it went from a top speed of about 175 to 185, not bad, but still not close to the busa when unrestricted. even with mods, and very little wind the 1000 would have to push a top speed of 197-199 before a stock busa would allow the gixx1k to come out and play. Had you pushed the busa on to its limit, it would have made a big diff. at those speeds, the extra weight of the busa certainly plays almost no role at all, and lets not forget the faster the busa goes, the more its design plays a part. next time go 6th gear full throttle, and i am sure you will say to yourself, "yeah, i thought so!"

Sergio
sly.gif

Where is the peak of the power band for the busa? Is it 9000? I've never seen a graph on it.

(Sorry to jump in your thread)

nobody seems to have mentioned anything about the fact that you said you didnt get over 160, and that you know you didnt get close to the 185 gov. the simple fact is that to race a gixx1000, you will have to push your bike as if you are racing another busa, i have the issue of sportrider when the busa and zx12 went heads up, and they put the TRE on the gixx1000 and it went from a top speed of about 175 to 185, not bad, but still not close to the busa when unrestricted. even with mods, and very little wind the 1000 would have to push a top speed of 197-199 before a stock busa would allow the gixx1k to come out and play. Had you pushed the busa on to its limit, it would have made a big diff. at those speeds, the extra weight of the busa certainly plays almost no role at all, and lets not forget the faster the busa goes, the more its design plays a part. next time go 6th gear full throttle, and i am sure you will say to yourself, "yeah, i thought so!"

Sergio
sly.gif
I mentioned that he could take him on the big end a few posts back!!!!
Jus not that often you can race someone up to 190+ MPH most roads and traffic won't allow

Not to bash the busa, because I own one as well as a 1000, but u have to compare apples to apples, in other words two bone stock bikes of the same year (buse and 1k), same weight riders and same experience, SORRY guys but the gsxr 1000 is going to one everytime.......and as far as running on the big end, if u change the rear sprocket in the 1000, the busa will come in 2nd again, and it will help the 1000 keep the front down in 1st gear better improving on the consist of times in the 1/4 mile.....nothing can beat hp to weight except aerodyamics and the busa is more but in my opinion it not enough to overcome the weight difference

Not to bash the busa, because I own one as well as a 1000, but u have to compare apples to apples, in other words two bone stock bikes of the same year (buse and 1k), same weight riders and same experience, SORRY guys but the gsxr 1000 is going to one everytime.......and as far as running on the big end, if u change the rear sprocket in the 1000, the busa will come in 2nd again, and it will help the 1000 keep the front down in 1st gear better improving on the consist of times in the 1/4 mile.....nothing can beat hp to weight except aerodyamics and the busa is more but in my opinion it not enough to overcome the weight difference
no way, the Busa is the fastest, the 1000 is never put in the loop with the Busa, or the zx12 in top speed shootouts. if the 1000 was faster, all of the motorcycle mags would have made that clear by now. Again, the 1000 unrestricted was clocked at about 185. it was done by sportrider mag, the issue called "big dogs", when the Busa and 12 went up with each other. under the conditions you just mentioned, the 1k may, may, may have 12 inches on a Busa, after that the 1k will become the Falcons Prey. The Busa is still the Worlds Fastest Production Motorcycle. As I said before the 1k would have to do at least 197+ to play with the Busa...If you own a 1k, and a Busa, its been a while.... since youve rode the Busa! And again the weight diff does not really matter when you are going 120-150+, not really in this case because the Busa is only 120 or so heavier. yeah in the quarter it plays a role, but the in the same issue of sportrider as above the busa is clocked at 9.55 in the quarter. it has 299more ccs, so that plays a role in the weight diff as well. on the track, the 1k will dominate, in the staight line, high speed arena, the Busa will win...
afro.gif

Sergio

Sergio
sly.gif
I mentioned that he could take him on the big end a few posts back!!!!
Jus not that often you can race someone up to 190+ MPH most roads and traffic won't allow
true, and guys, to really race another bike, you need to realize something. if its about the bikes, you both should pretty much know which is the fastest, if not, think about how much you weigh as well as the bike, how much does does the other guy and his bike weigh. the race will be mostly won or lost in the 1st quarter mile, if the bike are comparable in speed both stock, and the riders are comparable in experience and weight. The other factors are, is your bike strong in the low, mid, or high end, and you also need a long staightaway with no interuptions. if a guy is on a stock 1k, and I on my Busa, stock, I am 180lbs, and he is 155-195lbs on his 1k, then why should I race? just to have a little fun? maybe, but if a guy off the street wants to box Mike Tyson, cause he thinks they are comparable in size weight etc, whats the point? if the guy has skills as an occomplished boxer then maybe. if you really want to see who is the fastest, then you should get on the track with comparable bikes, and then get the quarter with comparable bikes and let time decide whom is faster...
thumbs-up.gif

Sergio

Your stock Busa is retarded in 1st 2nd and 3rd I belive which pretty much is the whole quarter mile keep that in mind

woah......beware.....heavy glue user on board!!!
But welcome to the board all the same dude!!!
Just curious.....is the Busa making more torque than a 1K?
rock.gif

Hello folks, I'm new to this forum. I hate to piss anyone off but there ARE quicker bikes than the busa. No one doubts that the buss is an extraordinarily fast bike but a modified literbike can carry a few advantages. Don't take this as me bashing the hayabusa, in fact I am very fond of the bike (the blue and black models are quite fetching). Excessive torque can be a liability on a short wheelbase streetbike when trying to achieve a great launch (or push a 550lb machine through curves). Lighter literbikes and even the GSXR750 can turn a high nine, low ten second quarter mile times due to the fact that launching is not such an issue. Horsepower starts to pay dividends for the buss usually past the 150mph mark but depending on rider there may be some ground to be made up.

Hello folks, I'm new to this forum. I hate to piss anyone off but there ARE quicker bikes than the busa. No one doubts that the buss is an extraordinarily fast bike but a modified literbike can carry a few advantages. Don't take this as me bashing the hayabusa, in fact I am very fond of the bike (the blue and black models are quite fetching). Excessive torque can be a liability on a short wheelbase streetbike when trying to achieve a great launch (or push a 550lb machine through curves). Lighter literbikes and even the GSXR750 can turn a high nine, low ten second quarter mile times due to the fact that launching is not such an issue. Horsepower starts to pay dividends for the buss usually past the 150mph mark but depending on rider there may be some ground to be made up.
Mephistopheles is not your name.......... I know what your up to just the same..........doesn't it go something like that.
Welcome to the board dude.
If yer a heavy dude and have no problem launching the Bus the torque deffinately helps.......but then again if yer a heavy dude you'll probably be passed by a few bikes 12, 1K, R1 just to name a few.
There are just to many variables to even bother keeping up this argument.
There is only one way to know undoubtedly......line up and give er.
If you lose strap on the bottle...or a turbo....or go big bore...or whatever............
Oh yeah.....yer gonna have a hard time pissin any of us good ol boys off.....we're all pretty good people

yadda yadda yadda.....wonk wonk wonk(you know , the sound Charlie Browns teacher makes) .

Kids.....
11doh.gif

This topic drifted off the track about 27 times in the last 26 posts . What was yer question again kid....o ya .

You got beat by a gix1000 . Ok .

So an so says that my cousin's uncle's brother can beat yer Busa with his hopped up 1979 Pontiac Trans Am . Thats 'cause its got a 4 barrel an' dual exhaust...blah blah bla

People....yer arguin' over nuthin'.

Some are talkin high end runs....some are talkin' 1/4's...
Some are talkin' shid . J/K .

The Busa is/was the fastest fuggin' thing on the planet , for those couple years , end of story . Now....you can go on about this mod an' that mod , an' he's fat an' that guy weighs 129 pounds....and if a Busa leaves Chattanooga station at five o'clock , and a beefed-up Dodge Viper leaves five seconds later but has a tail wind , which one will get to Crabapple Cove Maine, first? The one who doesn't stop to take a piss . I dunno .

Hey Drew-weird....you wanna dance....you gotta pay the price of admission ....an' it can be expensive .

Be carefull dude........RSD.

hey monsta we was both prolly typin at the same time...
biggrin.gif

'cept you were faster 'cause you got that new style faster EXTREME-KEYBOARD....the one with "FAS-FINGA" turbo.

you lucky bastid.....

Hey thanks for the welcome monster. Rubbersidedown, in the really real world people modify their bikes. In the real world bikes don't turn the exact numbers that (insert your favorite motorcycle magazine) found on their timeslips. Sometimes you get overtaken even though you thought that you bought the fastest motorbike in the universe. I'm not here to argue, I've already told you that I think busa's are great bikes.

Hey thanks for the welcome monster. Rubbersidedown, in the really real world people modify their bikes. In the real world bikes don't turn the exact numbers that (insert your favorite motorcycle magazine) found on their timeslips. Sometimes you get overtaken even though you thought that you bought the fastest motorbike in the universe. I'm not here to argue, I've already told you that I think busa's are great bikes.
people modify their bikes.....yup....uhuh....ok....

did you actually read my post.....I read yers .

Mine actually had fugall to do with bikes really , it was more of a ...."we have drifted dudes"

some are talkin' 1/4s, some are talkin' top speed ,

and now yer talkin' "In the real world" .

SEE WHAT I MEAN .

Drews final question is : What kind of excuses do I have for losing to the 1000 . I think drew lost to a bit better of a rider THAT DAY .

10,000 other factors came into the topic :

rider weight. mods. year of bike. quartermile. top speed.

The kid asked a question . The rest of the stuff falls into a different catagory . It falls into the : People modify their bikes , catagory .

Start some new threads :

busa vs gix 1000
busa vs gix 1000 with fat guy piloting
busa vs grannies chevette (Chevette is all done up thou)
busa vs ..... ahhhh who gives a fug....

Back