I'm afraid of going to work..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Wow! Are heads rolling at work. We have had four (4) deaths by accidents and two (2) deaths from heart attacks since the first of the year. Three (3) working deaths on my District alone. There have also been ten (10) reportable injury's.

The FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) and the Corporate Office are upset to say the least. Twenty five safety personal are out here watching our every move. Hiding in weeds, taking pictures, pulling locomotive tapes and using night scopes to watch you. Discipline is fired if you violate the eight (8) deadly sins rules)

Corporate have fired six (6) managers in the last two (2) days. It's ugly. Real ugly.

We have books of rules (five to be exact) and have heard through the grapevine that if fifteen (15) employees are not fired by the end of the year we (corporate) are not doing our job. Employees are walking around on pins and needles.

I am not taking sides here as no injury is acceptable but this is not good. Our safety record is the worst in the Company. We use to be the best.

r8

Last edited:
Mind your P's and Q's bro...they just need to make an example of some peeps, you know what they say it rolls down hill.

Although safety is umm, yeah a big thing and should always be followed. Just stay under the radar and tow that line bro...good luck???:thumbsup:

It is Obama, John, he has sent his croonies after you.... dang, means I am next..

First Rush, then you, and now the rest of the world to be silenced.... God Save the Queen!!

Wow, Keep your mind on your work and stay safe. I bet with the economy and all the tension at work, people are just not pay attention like they should and are stressed out. What a sucky work environment. Hang in there. :bowdown:

They've fired 6 in two days, that's three per day. If they are looking to fire 15 just call in sick the next three days, by the time you go back they should have met their goal :beerchug:

Mind your P's and Q's bro...they just need to make an example of some peeps, you know what they say it rolls down hill.

Although safety is umm, yeah a big thing and should always be followed. Just stay under the radar and tow that line bro...good luck???:thumbsup:

Oh, they will make an example.

An engineer went to use the restroom in the trailing unit as he was sick. The Conductor ran the train (qualified) and the engineer fell between the units. Dead.

A track welder was struck at 68 mph by an opposing train on a curve. Sent in the helicopter but to no avail. Dead. Left a family of four.

A Conductor was walking his train. Engineer notified him an opposing train was coming. He stepped out to far and was struck. Dead.

It really is sad because there are really no odds to survive out here. Must stay focused.

r8

It is Obama, John, he has sent his croonies after you.... dang, means I am next..

First Rush, then you, and now the rest of the world to be silenced.... God Save the Queen!!

Umm, yeah heya Randy

Were umm gonna have to cut you back to 1 teaspoon of sugar in that there coffee..

Umm yeah ok then

images.jpg

They've fired 6 in two days, that's three per day. If they are looking to fire 15 just call in sick the next three days, by the time you go back they should have met their goal :beerchug:

That's in Management only. More to come there.

15 employees minimum for us.

r8

:laugh:

Yeah, but I post links and information that is available to all. You can't make this stuff up Randy.

It's all there.

r8

Oh, they will make an example.

An engineer went to use the restroom in the trailing unit as he was sick. The Conductor ran the train (qualified) and the engineer fell between the units. Dead.

A track welder was struck at 68 mph by an opposing train on a curve. Sent in the helicopter but to no avail. Dead. Left a family of four.

A Conductor was walking his train. Engineer notified him an opposing train was coming. He stepped out to far and was struck. Dead.

It really is sad because there are really no odds to survive out here. Must stay focused.

r8

The additional stress brought about by all the "adult supervision" can't make it any easier.

Accidents like that suck, and setting examples really don't do much to fix a problem that are just CYA. All the best to you.

I know this is your boy and all, but this was pretty desperate, even for you. You need to be :spank: for that shid.

Seriously, R8, do your job and look out for your self. If you are half as adament about your job as you are in here about some issues, you'll be fine.

You got to be able to keep your head, when all aorund you are losing theirs (no pun intended).

I hope it works out for you.

:beerchug:

The additional stress brought about by all the "adult supervision" can't make it any easier.

Accidents like that suck, and setting examples really don't do much to fix a problem that are just CYA. All the best to you.

That is what they do. We need "examples" and they will get them. Trust me on this.

Jailbait told me "when you become a Mother you grow eyes in the back of your head".

I could use that now.

r8

Wow! John, please be careful and good luck. Seems like something of a witch-hunt.

Like you, I'd be nervous about going to work, as well.

Thinking good thoughts...

I know this is your boy and all, but this was pretty desperate, even for you. You need to be :spank: for that shid.

Seriously, R8, do your job and look out for your self. If you are half as adament about your job as you are in here about some issues, you'll be fine.

You got to be able to keep your head, when all aorund you are losing theirs (no pun intended).

I hope it works out for you.

:beerchug:

The additional stress is what gets to you. Right down to how you talk on the radio. We have rules for everything you can imagine. Most of them written in blood.

Yeah, pins and needles for me. Thanks for the encouragement.

r8

Wow! John, please be careful and good luck. Seems like something of a witch-hunt.

Like you, I'd be nervous about going to work, as well.

Thinking good thoughts...

Yeah, need to stay focused. Hard to do sometimes when you only get a couple of hours sleep then work 12 hours. Constant "jet lag" explains it best.

They are fazing out "alternative" handling and going back to a "level S" system.

One is 6 months probation.
Two is one year.
Three is fired.

No exceptions.

r8

It sounds like the double check stuff now is tripple check...and when you speak on the air you have already said it to yourself twice, already.

When you are used quick certain deliberate actions / almost instinct...things go ok...when you second guess bad things are more likley to happen.

Be sure for yourself, do the right thing...

I am weighing the company man attitude vs. what is the right for me, in these bad econmic times...because I am a number and they are a paycheck...very little more.

Wow! Are heads rolling at work. We have had four (4) deaths by accidents and two (2) deaths from heart attacks since the first of the year. Three (3) working deaths on my District alone. There have also been ten (10) reportable injury's.

The FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) and the Corporate Office are upset to say the least. Twenty five safety personal are out here watching our every move. Hiding in weeds, taking pictures, pulling locomotive tapes and using night scopes to watch you. Discipline is fired if you violate the eight (8) deadly sins rules)

Corporate have fired six (6) managers in the last two (2) days. It's ugly. Real ugly.

We have books of rules (five to be exact) and have heard through the grapevine that if fifteen (15) employees are not fired by the end of the year we (corporate) are not doing our job. Employees are walking around on pins and needles.

I am not taking sides here as no injury is acceptable but this is not good. Our safety record is the worst in the Company. We use to be the best.

r8

hey. sounds like my work.!???

Back