Viperam

Registered
Getting upgrades have PICS!

Stock the day i brought it home.
IMG00007-20091123-1555.jpg

IMG00006-20091123-1555.jpg

IMG00004-20091123-1554.jpg
2003 4100 miles Gave $5,000 cash
Since I got the bike, ive done a few things in my shop.
New battery
New starter
New Cables
cut and polished levers,
polished stock cans,
installed polished fold away shifter,
Small airbox mod,
Pair Valve removed,
TRE,
Changed oil Mobil 1 4t,
Indexed iridium plugs,
cleaned throttle bodies,
adjusted idle 1200 and fast idle 3000 (cruise control),
adjusted levers, shifter and brake to fit me,
removed reflectors,
removed weights on pegs
removed ram air screen

Dropped my her off with John at Turn One Performance in Milton FL.
http://www.turnoneperformance.com/
I told him fix it..... Anything not perfect call me and we will fix it or make it better.

He's installing
New Starter clutch
Dropping it 1 inch front and 2 inch rear with Brock's Spacers and links
Vortex sprocket swap -1 front +3 rear
Clean and adjust chain
New bars and bar ends
Puig double bubble
R1 throttle swap
Installing Yosh Header/Mid i got from a friend.
Speedo healer for the new sprockets.

When the income tax comes in 2 weeks.
Installing a shortie muffler on my new header/mid (need advice!?)
Fender Eliminator
Integrated Tail light
Clear Turn signals
HID
Buel Pegs
Chain Guard
Frame Sliders
Shortened kickstand
Stainless Brake Lines
powercommander III with 93 octane dyno tune
www.turnoneperformance.com/dyno.swf

IMG00007-20091123-1555.jpg

IMG00006-20091123-1555.jpg

IMG00004-20091123-1554.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a list you have there, be careful of that throttle mod, will go real fast real quick! :bowdown:

Your money, but a piece of advice:

You are a brand new Father. You just had to sell that purty SRT truck for way less than value because you needed the cash. Why don't you put that money away for a little while so you don't get caught in that bind again?

Your money, but a piece of advice:

You are a brand new Father. You just had to sell that purty SRT truck for way less than value because you needed the cash. Why don't you put that money away for a little while so you don't get caught in that bind again?

Thank you for the "Fatherly advice" I see where your coming from with the long list and all, but if you read the list and think about it, its not alot. Also without knowing the whole story you cannot make an informed opinion to give advice that i DONT need to begin with. Not that this needs explaining, but to eliminate anyone elses confusion, and other similarly useless replies, this is what i have invested.

To fix what was broken/worn
i had to buy New battery, New starter, New Cables, Changed oil Mobil 1 4t, Indexed iridium plugs, $20 bars and bar ends

Free mods
were cut and polished levers, polished stock cans, Small airbox mod, Pair Valve removed, cleaned throttle bodies, adjusted idle 1200 and fast idle 3000 (cruise control), adjusted levers, shifter and brake to fit me, removed reflectors, removed weights on pegs, removed ram air screen, shortened kickstand.

Things given to me from friends
polished fold away shifter, TRE, Puig double bubble, New Starter clutch, Brock's Spacers and links, Yosh Header/Mid

Things i bough for dirt Cheap!
$50 Vortex sprocket swap -1 front +3 rear
$18 R1 throttle swap
$30 Speedo healer

Money invested so far $98

Things i have yet to buy from friends, ebay, and this forum
$30 Shorty tips
$40 Fender Eliminator
$60 Integrated Tail light
$30 Clear Turn signals
$40 HID
$80 Buel Pegs
$40 Chain Guard
$40 Frame Sliders
$80 Stainless Brake Lines
$200+ tune powercommander III with 93 octane dyno tune

Total $640, less than one month of my truck payment and fuel and insurance!

I sold my truck for less than its worth, but i did not lose money. I broke even. So i owned an srt-10 for 2 years "leased if you will" at $300 a month.
Alot of dads have hobbies like golf or waste there money JUMPING OUT OF AIRPLANES, My hobby happens to be my daily transportation. The only thing i spend money on my self is my ride. So 2 months without a truck payment (that i could comfortably afford to begin with) gave me the money to do this.

In your opinion i shouldnt spend money on toys. This is not only my toy but my daily driver, my transportation. I gave up my favorite and only posession for my baby, and replaced it with a cheap bike that im spending less than a grand i already have, to make it more enjoyable, reliable. Ive made more sacrifices than you will ever know but I dont need to be a monk.

I have few pleasures in life, and the ones i have i can afford, and therefore do not need you, a stranger who knows nothing about me other than a for sale thread, to give me financial advice to manage them. :banghead:

Last edited:
You think i should do the throttle last after i get used to all the other mods.

Bro, I cant say, thats a good mod, just be ready for all that power on tap with less throttle movement. I should have not said anything, my apologies.

Bro, I cant say, thats a good mod, just be ready for all that power on tap with less throttle movement. I should have not said anything, my apologies.

No its good advice... im comfortable with my bike now. I can handle it decent in the twisties. Although, im doing alot of mods at once. The biggest concern is the sprockets coupled with the throttle.

If your advice is learn the bike with sprockets first before i do the throttle, tell me.

I just discovered the throttle mod this weekend. I have limited movement in my wrist and i have to grab the throttle twice to get a full twist on it. its annoying. But i dont want to get low in a corner and have the touchy throttle get me loose and highside.

Last edited:
That is alot of work you have planned there. Good luck on gettinmg it all done. Have fun riding the hell out of it!!

Wow, those colors are Amazing. One of the best Busa's ive seen:bowdown:

Lol. I modestly thank you. The previous owner told me he tried to do a Gen 2 paint scheme with a kick. I don't see that but...

The black as small amount of red metal flake. The border between two tone is airbrush faded a subtle black purple burgundy red burnt orange. The kanji is painted in as well. 7 coats of clear has a few fisheyes and minor sags I plan on colorsanding and polishing out.

Its a very conservative paintjob with a stock theme.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think the airbrushed bits are what really makes it stand out, blends very nicely. Its the small things that really make a good paint job into a great paint job. :bowdown:

If your gonna have the throttle apart to do the grip's and stuff just put the R1 throttle tube on now. It won't be a problem. Nice lookin busa.

Thank you for the "Fatherly advice" I see where your coming from with the long list and all, but if you read the list and think about it, its not alot. Also without knowing the whole story you cannot make an informed opinion to give advice that i DONT need to begin with. Not that this needs explaining, but to eliminate anyone elses confusion, and other similarly useless replies, this is what i have invested.

i had to buy New battery, New starter, New Cables, Changed oil Mobil 1 4t, Indexed iridium plugs, $20 bars and bar ends

Free mods
were cut and polished levers, polished stock cans, Small airbox mod, Pair Valve removed, cleaned throttle bodies, adjusted idle 1200 and fast idle 3000 (cruise control), adjusted levers, shifter and brake to fit me, removed reflectors, removed weights on pegs, removed ram air screen, shortened kickstand.

polished fold away shifter, TRE, Puig double bubble, New Starter clutch, Brock's Spacers and links, Yosh Header/Mid

$18 R1 throttle swap
$30 Speedo healer

$30 Shorty tips
$40 Fender Eliminator
$30 Clear Turn signals
$40 HID
$80 Buel Pegs
$40 Chain Guard
$40 Frame Sliders

I sold my truck for less than its worth, but i did not lose money. I broke even. So i owned an srt-10 for 2 years "leased if you will" at $300 a month.
Alot of dads have hobbies like golf or waste there money JUMPING OUT OF AIRPLANES, My hobby happens to be my daily transportation. The only thing i spend money on my self is my ride. So 2 months without a truck payment (that i could comfortably afford to begin with) gave me the money to do this.

In your opinion i shouldnt spend money on toys. This is not only my toy but my daily driver, my transportation. I gave up my favorite and only posession for my baby, and replaced it with a cheap bike that im spending less than a grand i already have, to make it more enjoyable, reliable. Ive made more sacrifices than you will ever know but I dont need to be a monk.

I have few pleasures in life, and the ones i have i can afford, and therefore do not need you, a stranger who knows nothing about me other than a for sale thread, to give me financial advice to manage them. :banghead:

Viper, I'm not going to squabble with you in a public forum (or privately). I'm glad you were able to mod your bike at a very low cost. Accept the post in the intent it was given.

I jump out of airplanes (and own motorcycles) i.e. (toys) because I'm in a decent enough financial position to do so. Not before. As I said before, your money, your choice.

Good Luck

Re: Getting upgrades have PICS!

When the income tax comes in 2 weeks.

[/url]

Are you really that broke? You must wait two weeks until your tax return arrives to complete a $640 purchase?

Once you include the cost of the performance shop you are likely to double your $640 investment?

Broke with a new baby in the house and spending your tax return on busa bling? I think most of us would look at this as irresponsible.

It's your family, your money and your life to do with as you please. However, it may be in your best interest to re-evaluate the "Fatherly Advise" that skydivr gave you?

I'm not getting on your case, simply pointing out that skydivr had your best interest at heart! :beerchug:

Free mods

$18 R1 throttle swap
$30 Speedo healer

$30 Shorty tips
$40 Fender Eliminator
$30 Clear Turn signals
$40 HID
$80 Buel Pegs
$40 Chain Guard
$40 Frame Sliders

I think he meant well and what he said is very practical common sense

If you post your business on the net, expect people to get into it.

If you don't want people's opinions, keep your business to yourself.

Are you really that broke? You must wait two weeks until your tax return arrives to complete a $640 purchase?

Once you include the cost of the performance shop you are likely to double your $640 investment?

Broke with a new baby in the house and spending your tax return on busa bling? I think most of us would look at this as irresponsible.

It's your family, your money and your life to do with as you please. However, it may be in your best interest to re-evaluate the "Fatherly Advise" that skydivr gave you?

I'm not getting on your case, simply pointing out that skydivr had your best interest at heart! :beerchug:

I really cannot believe this thread has come to this! None of you have any clue my financial situation. I had a payers needed thread for my wife and baby. I had a for sale thread for my truck. Where do you get the idea I'm broke!

The truck was a piece of ****. It needed so much maintenance, tires, insane operating cost and it no longer had the appeal to me to invest more in it. I had it listed for 6 months and couldn't sell it and marked it down. I broke even. And if I kept it, I could afford it, but my interest were elsewhere.

No one here knows anything about my situation to judge me nor does anyone have any relationship with me to be in a position to give me moral or fatherly advice. This is a motorcycle enthusiast forum and as far as I'm concerned nothing else. I'm not seeking your approval or advise on managing my financing, or fathering my child on a thread topic "my busa".

I'm blown away! I'm a respected and active member of 6 different all who know of my baby, truck and bike. All whom give me, "glad your baby is ok", "glad you finally sold the truck" and "love what your doing with the bike" . Yet you 2 are arrogant enough to disrespect me like this.

Its people like you and douche bag statements like this that give a bad impression of an otherwise incredible forum and community
Posted via Mobile Device

You can't believe this thread has come to this? Really....neither can I. You appear extraordinarily sensitive regarding my comment and Tufbusa's. You assume a polite comment offering the benefit of someone else's experience in order to help keep you from potentially making a mistake as some form of personal attack. It was not. Go back and re-read what we both said. Have a beer :beerchug:

Tufbusa has been a respected member of the .org for along time. He knows more about motorcycle riding on his pinky than I do on my entire body, and I suspect yours, too. No need to make this a personal insult-fest as that was not the intention.

I didn't hear you talk about your truck being a piece of poop when you were advertising to sell it here. You displayed desperation in the thread about your wife/child, and I and others were sympathetic to your plight and offered our moral support and the benefit of our experience (expecially that of a former military member with vastly more age, experience and rank than you) about how to deal with it. So don't be offended because we again offered some friendly sound advice.

Lastly, don't make it personal and be respectful in your disagreement :rulez:

Back