Is it true that the Gen 2 Busas all have the same engine?

Suzuki Squared

Registered
Hello everyone! I know this is a very noob question, but I'm pretty damn new to the Busa community but have always loved this bike. I have a big project ahead of me, and it's going to require a purchase of one of these engines. And that's why I ask this question, how similar really is the 2008 compared to the 2020 engine? Does the reliability of an '08 compare to that of a '20? Are all the mechanical parts (internal and external) the same? Would it be worth spending the extra thousands on a newer engine rather than an older one with even lesser miles? I can't really find anything online that solidifies the answer to this question. And I know if anyone is going to know, it'll be one of you Hayabusa wizards. My goal anyways is to eventually rebuild it and beef it up to around 400 hp with a turbo kit. But I want a great base to start with. And so that basically sums up my question. But while I'm here, If anyone has a spare working Gen 2 Busa engine with less than 20k miles, let me know? Will also buy a salvaged bike if necessary.

200.gif

They typically range here in the states from 3500-7000 usd. From oldest to newest, that's partially why I was so confused.
take the ´08(?) engine with 15 k miles for 3500
i would say you can´t do something wrong
(if the seller tells the truth about mileage and handling)

my exp. is that a usually used busa-engine is nearly unbreakable
do you remember the pic of a gen2 meter with over 276000 miles on the counter ?

They typically range here in the states from 3500-7000 usd. From oldest to newest, that's partially why I was so confused.
Call All Things Chrome

At one time they had brand new Gen-2 engines complete for like $4k. Not sure if they have any leftover but $7k for a used one is CRAZY! You can buy a complete bike and part it out for that price.

Call All Things Chrome

At one time they had brand new Gen-2 engines complete for like $4k. Not sure if they have any leftover but $7k for a used one is CRAZY! You can buy a complete bike and part it out for that price.
Everyone keeps buying them all up! haha. I've even looked into that too. A 2019 salvage bike with working engine went for 10k alone... What a great time to be alive!

Busa motors in general have gone up in demand. I bought a Gen 1 rolling chassis with all the body parts and more recently. The motor went into a home built dune buggy. Its something I also dream about doing one day... a turbo Busa dune buggy.... sounds like fun to me!
That's so gnarly man! I'm going to be throwing one into my car. End weight will be less than 1450 lbs. With hopes to get close to 350 wheel horse. Current engine is a .6 liter, 62 horse power, 3 cylinder. Going to be quite a big jump, HA!

That's so gnarly man! I'm going to be throwing one into my car. End weight will be less than 1450 lbs. With hopes to get close to 350 wheel horse. Current engine is a .6 liter, 62 horse power, 3 cylinder. Going to be quite a big jump, HA!
Hi. I am building a turbo busa now. I could have bought any Gen I wanted too. I picked a Gen 1. You should rebuild it anyway also do the transmission too with an HD output shaft and back cut gears. I would also put a outside bearning support kit too. You can not do it cheap and have it last with that much HP.

Back