Is it true that the Gen 2 Busas all have the same engine?

Hi. I am building a turbo busa now. I could have bought any Gen I wanted too. I picked a Gen 1. You should rebuild it anyway also do the transmission too with an HD output shaft and back cut gears. I would also put a outside bearning support kit too. You can not do it cheap and have it last with that much HP.
I don't plan on cheaping out, I wish I could though lol. Thanks for the info!

So there's literally no point in me spending $7k to buy a 2019 engine with 15k miles when I can get a 2008 engine with 15k miles for less than half that?
Why not look for Gen 1 motor? They are available and since you spoke of building it to 350/400HP I would suggest looking into it. The Gen 2 is a great bike/motor however Suzuki attempted to compete with the ZX14 but with the motor they already had. To avoid the cost of developing/producing a new motor they modified the block & put a longer stroke crank in it which did increase approximately about 43cc but they took metal from between each cylinder wall for gas scavaging. What you need to know like Mike Parris is eluding to is a Gen 1 block is stronger and can be built to larger cc/bigger HP numbers safely. The Gen 2 also makes power more quickly due to the crank setup as they were concerned about 1/4 times. The effort was never going to over take the ZX14 wasn't really intended to they just wanted to save face without committing. Look at stroker kits by builders like Carpenters & the engine build potentials between gen 1 & 2; also what buggy cars are using since the electronics needed are basic. You are spending your $ so plan out the build & the type of build will determine the parts needed like piston compression lower for a turbo.

200.gif

Back