Is my Bus faster than a Lambo Diablo?

OB_Kirk

Registered
This one was a targa, and he did have the roof panel out, so I figured that even if it turned into a top end affair I'd still get him.

Looks like we won't be finding out any time soon. I attended a social function tonight that involves large amounts of coffee, teenage girls asking for rides, and patiently listening to guys who "used to have one just like that". A guy and his girl in a dark blue Diablo rolled by and one in our group yelled out something of a challenge. The driver mumbled something that did not sound like the word "no", so I popped my helmet on and pulled out into traffic. He was held up by traffic, so I scooted up next to him and asked him if he wanted to race. He declined, stating something about having to get another vehicle to race me with. I know it was kind of squiddy to do that, but how often do you get a chance to say that a guy with a Diablo chickened out on you with so many witnesses.

I have an officemate that drives a Ferrari 355 with the F1 transmission. We got into a discussion about acceleration of our respective vehicles, and in parting he blurted out something about maybe swapping rides rides one day. Hmmm, should I??? I mean, he might never be the same after...

A Viper roadster[not as aerodynamicas a coupe]came to Coney Island in Houston last weekend.He had 50hp bolt on mods,exhaust,chip,etc,plus a 150 nos system;should be 650-675hp[Henessey is in Houston,so lots of fast Vipers].He raced 2 12Rs about 10 times,probably to make sure,his motor was turned,or he wasn't in reverse.I saw the first race,and it looked like the Viper forgot to downshift or something.Smoked would be a good word.I talked to the 12 riders,and they said they would get off the gas and wait for him to catch up;not even a race to 190 indicated,and everything in between.A 650-700hp Viper coupe should do 202-208mph,maybe a problem if you don't have the right gears,pipe etc.If this car was running right,I can't imagine a McClaren,F-40,Diablo,or F-50 being a problem up to 200mph.The McClaren should eventually get you since they will do 220-230.I haven't done the math,but using this as a yardstick,it would take an 800-900hp/3000-3500# car to beat a busa or a 12,stock!!

By The book....

Stock Lambo:
Max Speed 200mph
Max Acc 0-60 mph 4.1 Secs

Stock 'Bus
Max Speed 198mph (Don't argue, read on)
Max Acc 0-60 mph 2.3 Secs

Give your hypothetical Diable driver enough room, say a few miles, of straight track and eventually he'll beat ya, maybe. Any normal terrain, race track, whatever, the bus will piss on him!

Took on a Sport car last year when going to Laguna Seca and got up to 160mph on Hwy 101 before I seen the man in the review mirror"yes the mirrors work good at that speed".My friend on a TL-R told me I was nuts cause the car I raced or egged to race was a Diablo"weired looking car with a wing on the back,air scoop on the side of the thing and real low,walked away from him at 70mph and he did pass me at 160mph when I shut it down due to the CHP coming up in the rear.Did not get a ticket,but to me the car looked like a Lamborgine"sorry about spelling",my friend did swear it was a Diablo. Anyway don't worry cause the Hayabusa Rocks and Rockets. Ride safe.

Have raced a diablo (the one with the Targa top) and took him on my "modified" GSX-R1100.

Just raced a Countach this last weekend on the Busa.
Wish it was the other way around thought.. you know BUSA-DIABLO GSXR1100-COUNTACH but anyway...
SMOKED THEM BOTH!!

The acceleration on the bikes are just much better because of the power to weight ratios.

Top end, the cars might catchup but you should be at the finish line by then :)

[This message has been edited by Quincy (edited 08 July 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Quincy (edited 08 July 2000).]

I've raced one....Saw him going the other way on the highway. Jumped off the exit ramp w/a buddy of mine (another 2000 busa owner) and caught up to him....he stomped on the gas and took off. My boy walked off on him. I gave him about 1/8 of a mile lead (we were already doing about 130) and hawked him down before I even switched into 5th. No competition at all.

iz

Hey Mano.
How often do you go to Coney Island?
I went there once with some riding buddies (R6,F4,F2).It surprised me when by the end of the night(for me)that there were six Hayabusas up there besides mine.There were only two 12R's.They weren't being very sociable.
B21

[This message has been edited by BUSA00021 (edited 09 July 2000).]

Busa,I went friday nite about9:30-11:30;no big bikes.saturday seems to be the nite;lots of busas,not too many 12s out there yet,but I think there were 4-5 last saturday.I'll try to go this weekend,what color is your bike?

Hey Mano, Whats your bike look like? My Buddies and I often go to Coney Island on Sat. nights. We have about 3 or 4 of us that go. 2 Busas, Gsxr 600,YZF 1000. Mine is a Blue/silver, Chrome wheels,Yosh Duplex Carbon pipe. Did you see the trailered Busa from Chicago race two weeks ago? 1429 cc! It would be cool to meet some of the guys from the board that are local here in Houston.

ZXALAN,My 12 is green,box stock,except the rear sprocket[not black];I will look for you Fri/Sat nights.I did see the Chicago blue 2000 2 weeks ago,but I didn't see it run.I have seen 4-5 busas set up like that one,but I don't know what they are running,motorwise.

Mano,ZXALAN,
My busa is red/silv.I get over to LaPorte and Deer Park alot.Have a friend that lives over there.He has a '90 FZR 1000 that is completely stock and it looks like it came off the showroom floor.It's blk/gry.We ride together alot.Where do you guys go to wring them out or run the twisties?
B21

BUSA00021, I live in Deer Park, small world, we ride all of the time, always to the beach and to Houston on Sat. Nights. I have my bike tore apart right now but it should be back together in about 2 weekends. Look for me at Coney Island. Blue/silver Busa: Chrome wheels, second look tank bra, Yosh Carbon Fiber pipe, stock anodized frame and swing arm, also have 42 tooth on rear. I am getting my back wheel re-chromed and after I get it back I will be installing my PS-3 shifter then I'll be out there. Keep In touch. Mano, I'll look for the green 12 with stock pipe, should be hard considering all those guys got Muzzys now.

We also go to the track in Baytown(HRP)almost every weekend, always at least two of us run out there so if either of you guys would like to get together and head down there for a night of racing let me know. BTW we went to WestPark which is about 2 miles from Westheimer and watched back to back racing and wheelies for an HOUR 2 weekends ago. The Blue/silver Chicago Busa raced a local black/grey stretched and slammed bike twice and lost both times. The black one had a stock motor(NOS?)but had a Yosh pipe and left hard, the Chicago bike made several solo passes(fukker hauls AS$)but when they raced he just couldn't hook and lost $500.
Had a 1429cc, TiForce pipe and a lot of chasis work and tuning, 200+ hp but if you can't get it down, what good does it do? At the strip they predict 8.80's! FINE bike though! Later.

Alan

Back