Is there a charge for the initial 600mile inspection?

TJK7

Registered
Hello guys,
I purchased a 2024 Hayabusa last weekend and am very excited to be able to ride it.

One question, is the first 600 mile inspection at the time of free if it is an official Suzuki dealer? Is this true?
I heard about it at the store where I bought it, but I couldn't find any information like that on the Internet.
I am planning to do this at the local official Suzuki store as the store I purchased from is in another state.

I would like to know if any of you know anything about this.

Thanks.

You probably heard that from the dealer who sold you the bike right? If true, only (that) dealer will do it for free. And ‘free’ is the only reason to let a dealer service the bike.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I heard about it from the dealer where I bought it.

However, I had never heard of such a service in my experience of purchasing motorcycles in the past, so I thought it was only for Hayabusa.
(2022 Hayabusa Premium Care Service? I found a page like that on the Suzuki website.)

The dealer where I bought the car is quite far away, so if the maintenance is going to be quite expensive, I will do it myself with the help of the service manual.

Thanks!

It was just a selling point to entice you to buy from them. Other than an O&F change I doubt they do much of anything else.

BTW, pics please? :D

I believe (it's been a couple of years now) that I got something in the mail from Suzuki and first service is free. I don't think it's tied to the dealer you bought the bike from but like I said it's been a couple of years and I do my own service, so I didn't even use it.

I believe (it's been a couple of years now) that I got something in the mail from Suzuki and first service is free. I don't think it's tied to the dealer you bought the bike from but like I said it's been a couple of years and I do my own service, so I didn't even use it.
Thank you for the information!
Maybe they are not doing it now, because no matter how much I searched the internet, I could only find the 2022 page.
I will do it myself, thanks.

I've heard of some dealerships offering the first service free as a incentive to complete a motorcycle purchase but I haven't heard anything from Suzuki offering a free first service for new Hayabusa buyers.

As you say, maybe it is only some Suzuki dealers.

I ordered the diags and other various items today.
I will do the inspections myself.

Thanks.

I don’t believe the first 600 mile service is included or supposed to be included free of charge. At time of purchase this is no doubt something you could have negotiated into the deal otherwise I would expect for the dealer to charge for this. I did not think to ask for this at the time of purchasing my bike and paid for my 600 mile service. Funny thing is with the joy this bike brings I never question spending whatever is asked to keep it running as it should. As far as value proposition for the joy it brings I have never been more satisfied with a purchase in my life and I’m happy to keep the dealers in business and pay whatever the going rate is for all servicing elements of this phenomenal machine.

IMG_3188.jpeg

I don’t believe the first 600 mile service is included or supposed to be included free of charge. At time of purchase this is no doubt something you could have negotiated into the deal otherwise I would expect for the dealer to charge for this. I did not think to ask for this at the time of purchasing my bike and paid for my 600 mile service. Funny thing is with the joy this bike brings I never question spending whatever is asked to keep it running as it should. As far as value proposition for the joy it brings I have never been more satisfied with a purchase in my life and I’m happy to keep the dealers in business and pay whatever the going rate is for all servicing elements of this phenomenal machine.

View attachment 1684318

Labor rate at a local dealer is $190 per hour.

I don’t believe the first 600 mile service is included or supposed to be included free of charge.

Members with gen 3's have posted that the first three services were free for them. This is a Suzuki sponsored thing. Of course this is an international forum. A member in India indicated this was not offered to them so it may be country-dependent. It is offered in the USA for sure.

, I will do it myself with the help of the service manual.

Thanks!
Suzuki USA to my knowledge does not have a safe trusted program of training and certifying service techs.

You care more about your bike than anyone else. If you are careful and take your time, the best helping hand you will find is right at the end of your arm.

Only advice I can give you is unless you have done a whole lot of wrenching in your life, is to purchase an expensive torque wrench. Torque the oil sump plug a tad below the spec in the manual.

I'd do my own oil change and basic external inspections. Save the receipts and take pictures, that should be sufficient proof of scheduled maintenance for resale. 4 quarts of good conventional oil and a filter will probably run you about $50. Take your time and learn to do it perfectly and do it every time after that too. I would only bring my bike to a shop if I absolutely had to if there were some kind of serious problem I couldn't handle. I would go to an independently owned shop with an excellent reputation. The more serious the problem, the less likely I'd trust a dealership! The only exception is if you know you're a terrible mechanic, then bring it to a shop but find a good one you trust.

Members with gen 3's have posted that the first three services were free for them. This is a Suzuki sponsored thing. Of course this is an international forum. A member in India indicated this was not offered to them so it may be country-dependent. It is offered in the USA for sure.

This could have been at time of launch to incentivize their new product but I’m pretty sure this offer does not still stand here in the US.

I'd do my own oil change and basic external inspections. Save the receipts and take pictures, that should be sufficient proof of scheduled maintenance for resale. 4 quarts of good conventional oil and a filter will probably run you about $50. Take your time and learn to do it perfectly and do it every time after that too. I would only bring my bike to a shop if I absolutely had to if there were some kind of serious problem I couldn't handle. I would go to an independently owned shop with an excellent reputation. The more serious the problem, the less likely I'd trust a dealership! The only exception is if you know you're a terrible mechanic, then bring it to a shop but find a good one you trust.

Forget conventional oil and use a full synthetic oil like Amsoil or Motul. OEM or K&N filter too.

This could have been at time of launch to incentivize their new product but I’m pretty sure this offer does not still stand here in the US.
Just called Suzuki US Customer Service to get a factual answer and this was offered only for 22 models purchased before Dec 2021 so there you have it. You can obviously try to negotiate for anything at time of purchase but free service of any type is no longer offered on the purchase of a new Hayabusa.

Back