Johnnycheese

G

How likely is it that a 2000 Busa will experience a tensioner failure? I really can't go manual, cause I don't hear well enough to listen for noise when its time to adjust. I ride my bike hard and would like to keep it a long time. What about you? Are you running the stock one?

[This message has been edited by Rama (edited 25 July 2000).]

Rama, it is just one more maintanence item...a pain to be sure...but you moniter and adjust your drive chain, no? You must just keep track of your milage and perform inspection and adjustment on a regular schedual...it would appear than an intact sense of hearing was not enuff to prevent the failures in the first place...personaly, I do not wait untill somthing is so far out of spec that I hear it desrtoying itself or some other parts before adjustment...you should expect 1000 to 3000 miles on a cam chain adjustment, from what I have been reading here, and you should expect the stock tensioner to fail at some point as well, somthing I also learned from reading here...

My tentioner started making noise at seven hundred miles. I would replace it and have a freind listen every now and then.

Back