Just my freakin luck!!!

Zoinks!

Registered
So how bout this. . . I'm workin on the bike last night, installin some race railz. I took the bolts out of the box to test fit the right side rail. When I was done I took the rail back in the house so it wouldn't get scratched up or anything, did a couple other things then went back out in the garage and kept working. I looked down and saw the bolts layin there on the floor in the garage and thought "I better put those back inside before they get lost." So I pick em up, put em back in the bag and take them inside and put em on the counter. When it comes time to test fit the other side I go back inside to get the bolts and they're gone!!!
wtf.gif
I searched the garage and the house for somewhere between and hour and a half to 2 hours and didn't find them anywhere. . . I'm so freakin pissed! The worst part about it is I ordered the railz over a month ago and just got em on Monday, even though the website said orders ship within 1-5 days of order date. They wouldn't give me any kind of discounted price and then when I finally get em I lose the bolts!!! Again,
wtf.gif
pissed.gif
cursin.gif

wtf.gif

Did the dog get a hold of them??
I was actually thinking about that. One of our dogs is a rodesian ridgeback. They're natorious for being counter surfers and she's no exception. The only thing is, she goes after food, not bolts. . . And whenever she gets on the counter someone always hears her and my family was right there where they would have heard her. So I don't know. I guess I'm gonna be doin some cleanin tonight and see if I can find em somewhere. But I'm so lost right now. . . I KNOW I put em there. And even if I didn't, I should have found them in the 50 times I searched the garage and the house. . . I just don't get it. I guess if worse comes to worse I'll just order some more, but I really don't want to have to do any more business with that company. I would just go to the store and get some, but I need the spacer that's with em. . . Wherever they are.

May just want to follow the dog around...........seriously. I have done that exact same thing, there are things in my garage I am still looking for.

I swear I did the same thing with my stator cover gasket. I ordered it and the oil pan gasket at the same time. I installed the oil pan and put the other gasket in the tool box. 2 weeks later when I get the stator back from chroming, I guess the gasket had gotten tired of the tool box and ran away. Can't find it anywhere.

You may want to check the trash. Someone may have thrown them in the trash basket with some paper or something. Just a thought.

I guess if worse comes to worse I'll just order some more, but I really don't want to have to do any more business with that company.  I would just go to the store and get some, but I need the spacer that's with em. . . Wherever they are.
Lowes perhaps? Others have luck there.
laugh.gif

r8

I can't believe i have to ask this, but what are race rails? Some kinda stunter crashbar?

I stop looking for stuff and i always find it. You probably put it somewhere whare you wont look when youre "looking for it." Stop looking and it always pops up.

Thinking of this for my ride. I dont like the sliders. Post your pic when you find the bolts and get them on. Here is one on an 08, dont know whos bike.

racerails2.jpg

lol1.gif
As far a the dog. Yea never know. MY boy ( see avator ) hell take anything, but mostly sticks to socks, papertowls, and even the TV remote
banghead.gif

Buy replacements and as soon as you recieve them, the lost ones will all of a sudden appear.
winkold.gif

Back