K8 Blown Engine from Wheelie?

wheelie+starved bearings=blown motor, its a fact, you need a swivel pick up or its just a matter of time before she lets you down...

Greetings. First post. I'm on my 3rd Happy Buss. This is a pic of my first one. Got a 2008 which has no problems doing this, as well. A monkey could wheelie this bike. It is fun.

Trevor0001.jpg

Greetings.  First post.  I'm on my 3rd Happy Buss.  This is a pic of my first one.  Got a 2008 which has no problems doing this, as well.  A monkey could wheelie this bike.  It is fun.
At what RPM do you nail the throttle to get the front end to come up like that? Just curious of the technique. The Gixxer 1000's and the other 1000's are 100 lbs. lighter and seem to be much easier to wheelie on.

It's easy, stand up on the pegs, at about 7000RPM, slam the throttle shut and pin it back wide open while pulling back on the bars, the front end will come up even under a fat azz like me (250lbs).

Not that I condone such behavior....oh and a TRE certainly seems to help in the first 4 gears
cool.gif

Actually, I just kinda finesse it up. Stand up, gun it ...not sure what rpm but it's not as high as 7000, grab a gear or two, ride for awhile. I'm still mastering the art of "The Balance Point". Sometimes I can go quite a distance. And, sometimes, not so much.

hello.gif

I don't think anyone puts the oil pick up in the front of the engine anymore, do they. If you seize the engine while doing a wheelie due to oil starvation, the engine was low on oil before you lifted the front tire. I have done thousands of wheelies on the mighty busa and never had the oil light come on nor ever had an engine problem?

BusaWheelie05.jpg

Sweeet Tuf...wish i could do it!  Poppin it up's the easy part...but keepin it there is the problem for me! Man your pics are cool to see!
ThumbsUp.gif

yea big difference between getting it up and "keeping" it there.. . I think the issue is guys that keep the thing up for longer distances..

yea big difference between getting it up and "keeping" it there.. . I think the issue is guys that keep the thing up for longer distances..
True dat! I was meaning that i wish i could ride out an impressive wheelie the way Tufbusa does...impressive! Sorry bro's, guess it was a little off topic...but gotta love a good wheelie pic!

Keep your oil tank up to the full mark and ride that puppy on the rear tire from New York to Seattle on one wheel and it will still be running fine when you arrive at the space needle. There are no problems with wheelies and busa's. If there were, I'd have lunched at least a dozen busa's by now.

Back