LOST! Anyone help?!?!

Ok so the think I’ve found my problem… I’m assuming this is the oil pump gear??
I've never seen the inside of my busa's clutch but that certainly does look like an oil pump gear. If you didn't remove the basket and only loosened the nut, maybe the basket slid out enough for the teeth to become disengaged. If so, the gears might have not meshed when they were pressed back together. When the nut was torqued, the oil pump gear broke off. So looks like you will need to take the whole clutch out to replace the oil pump gear. I've only done that on a Kawasaki and I was extremely careful about getting the plates back in there the exact way they came out. It's crucial that you install the clutch plates to a Hayabusa in the correct order, at least on my Gen2 it is. Take your time. Bummer this had to happen at the height of summer. Personally, I would not plan on getting the clutch out and back in in a weekend.

That is definitely the oil pump gear! Order a nice aftermarket, higher volume gear while you're in there and read the manual while you're at it. There is also a pin that keeps that gear in place. You better find it! The gear on the back of the outer clutch basket needs to be looked at as well since that gear is fucked. Also, the gear on the back of the clutch basket comes off and is only meant to go on in one way. Be very cognizant of the gears and shim that come off once you start pulling that basket out. Holler if you have any questions.

ok. Got another question… got these 2 rings that came out with stick clutch plates.. I’m putting in trac king plates .. do I need these rings ? Directions are very vague..

IMG_1011.jpeg

Back