lowering front end options

pcs

Registered
ive done done with searching and all i’ve come up with is straps kits, spacer kits, and the bolt in handle bars (brocks) with a larger inner diameter. ive seen some people swap in a gen 2 upper with new bars but not sold as a kit for a green 3.

1st thought i had was to get rid of the entire top “clamp” assembly and run some clip ons maybe even with a 1” rise. and just slide the forks up to lower the front end a bit.

D4987C6A-7702-44C4-85DD-F551E77F7C14.jpeg

E4E54001-54A0-4E02-BE9E-94B19A0F6335.jpeg

CEC534B4-1375-46BA-A020-C4C613B9A443.jpeg

For what reason are you lowering the bike? Both your ideas are sound . I thought I had to lower my gen3 because of my inseam of 29 inches but found
a seat that let me flat foot .
less wheelies during hard launching. im not trying to go with an extended swing arm. i also think the brock’s handle bar kit is over priced.

less wheelies during hard launching. im not trying to go with an extended swing arm. i also think the brock’s handle bar kit is over priced.

1000% agree with Brock's bar kit being overpriced. And their new bar end bolts had surface rust on them after being opened in my shop for a month, never been in rain. I bought it because I wanted to maintain the OEM triple look, but a new triple would have been cheaper. Quality is legit for it though and for what it's worth Brock's told me they not make them, but can't recall exactly who made them. I may have listed it out in my thread if wanted to contact them to purchase directly, assumingly without a mark up like from Brock's.

I’m on a Gen 3 and bought this top clamp with Unit 5 clip ons. I don’t have the plastics back on but everything fit as I’d expect. The clip ons go above the top clamp. It’s much lower than stock and I’m still using a strap to get it slammed.

M2 also has a service to lower the forks that costs $550 but I spoke to him and it’s $400 when you buy a shock. He lowers it internally so it can be returned to stock. I’m planning on doing this as well as a shock from him.

Here is the description: “PRO FORK Mk II - The Pro Fork Mk II kit generally reduces the length of forks by about 3.5” to 4”. Big Piston forks generally can be reduced by about 3.5” to 3.75”. Conventional damper rod forks can be reduced by 3.75” to 4”. We like to always have at least a ½” to ¾” of travel so that fork can work properly.”

I’m on a Gen 3 and bought this top clamp with Unit 5 clip ons. I don’t have the plastics back on but everything fit as I’d expect. The clip ons go above the top clamp. It’s much lower than stock and I’m still using a strap to get it slammed.

M2 also has a service to lower the forks that costs $550 but I spoke to him and it’s $400 when you buy a shock. He lowers it internally so it can be returned to stock. I’m planning on doing this as well as a shock from him.

Here is the description: “PRO FORK Mk II - The Pro Fork Mk II kit generally reduces the length of forks by about 3.5” to 4”. Big Piston forks generally can be reduced by about 3.5” to 3.75”. Conventional damper rod forks can be reduced by 3.75” to 4”. We like to always have at least a ½” to ¾” of travel so that fork can work properly.”
what are your plans for the key mount?

i like the mounting options this triple has
that's the one i use!!

Back