lowering front end options

Oh you low low. Looks so good. How much of the drop is fork slide vs strap?
20220915_213449.jpg

One inch my friend No lowering strap kit for now ..lol

I’ve got my bike put together again and snapped a few pics with the fairings on. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Brock’s lowering link at its highest setting and from 1 Stop Speed I got the Unit 5 top clamp/clipons as low as I could go- part of the lower clamp is on the taper. This left me with 4” of ground clearance when it’s not strapped down. Last pic is strapped down.

I when I buy an M2 shock I’ll send him my forks to be lowered an inch or two.

868D86D1-9FA7-4EE2-80E7-D3AA2341AA4E.jpeg

0D5164CD-7973-4F0E-97FA-890FF497CCE5.jpeg

51C32EAD-74D3-40AE-B132-A8183DCB74D0.jpeg

I’ve got my bike put together again and snapped a few pics with the fairings on. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Brock’s lowering link at its highest setting and from 1 Stop Speed I got the Unit 5 top clamp/clipons as low as I could go- part of the lower clamp is on the taper. This left me with 4” of ground clearance when it’s not strapped down. Last pic is strapped down.

I when I buy an M2 shock I’ll send him my forks to be lowered an inch or two.

View attachment 1655723

View attachment 1655724

View attachment 1655725
last picture brother, looks awesome!!

Looks awesome!!

How far down did you go before you hit taper. I’m about to have my forks lowered 2” internally and am wondering if I should go 3…
I didn’t measure anything beforehand but right now there is about 2 5/8” of clamping surface above the lower clamp.

It was so low in the front I was spinning the tire at the drag strip so I lowered the rear a bit and it feels like there is better traction on the street. I’m used to road race bikes so drag/roll racing is new to me as is a busa.

21090492-5F6E-45D6-9E2E-1649F66AC110.jpeg

0CC23E20-7DF4-4BEE-96B1-2AA02D9C37D6.jpeg

@Fernando @SS4Luck @TonyM995 what did you guys do with the OEM triple? I would love to get my hand on gen3 triple and bars setup to try to install on gen2 if I can get the parts for cheap to experiment. Diagram shows that a lot of the components/bolts between the 2 generations are the same.
they do physically swap, im running a gen 2 upper clamp on mine. to swap you would need to run the gen 2 bolts from the bottom up, the bolts thread into the clamp with thread locking compound. gen 3 has a larger diameter bolt for the bar ends. i had to drill small guide holes on the gen 2 bars to work with my 3 electronics. i did use flea bay bars so that could be the reason why.

729F0BBB-7E14-4465-BEEC-EF36ABACDA76.jpeg

they do physically swap, im running a gen 2 upper clamp on mine. to swap you would need to run the gen 2 bolts from the bottom up, the bolts thread into the clamp with thread locking compound. gen 3 has a larger diameter bolt for the bar ends. i had to drill small guide holes on the gen 2 bars to work with my 3 electronics. i did use flea bay bars so that could be the reason why.

View attachment 1665683
Thanks for the info. That’s what I noticed on the diagrams. All part numbers are the same until you get to the upper section of the assembly, then the piece below the one that says hayabusa in your pic. Are you interested in getting rid of your stock parts?

Thanks for the info. That’s what I noticed on the diagrams. All part numbers are the same until you get to the upper section of the assembly, then the piece below the one that says hayabusa in your pic. Are you interested in getting rid of your stock parts?
If you can wait a week or two I’ll send you my stock triple. I have an Alif unit on now I’m just going on vacation next week

@Fernando @SS4Luck @TonyM995 what did you guys do with the OEM triple? I would love to get my hand on gen3 triple and bars setup to try to install on gen2 if I can get the parts for cheap to experiment. Diagram shows that a lot of the components/bolts between the 2 generations are the same.
I have it along with a huge pile of Gen 3 parts and am happy to get it in the hands of someone who wants it. if SS4 doesn’t send you his, I can if you pay shipping.

I’ve got a lot of other stock parts including the entire wiring harness, IMU, dash, abs unit, etc. and a woolich kit that I still haven’t sold.

I have it along with a huge pile of Gen 3 parts and am happy to get it in the hands of someone who wants it. if SS4 doesn’t send you his, I can if you pay shipping.

I’ve got a lot of other stock parts including the entire wiring harness, IMU, dash, abs unit, etc. and a woolich kit that I still haven’t sold.
Wow!! You stripped your gen3 it sounds like. You went custom harness and ripped all the fancy electronics off to save weight? I’ll be happy to cover the shipping if @SS4Luck is too busy vacationing. :laugh:

The pieces circled below are what seem to be different from my gen2. I’m wondering if I can run my helibars I currently have.

396934AC-EC22-4F1A-B830-8F86E5B049EF.jpeg

C4AA7B9A-F8D1-45D3-B144-1724843749B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow!! You stripped your gen3 it sounds like. You went custom harness and ripped all the fancy electronics off to save weight? I’ll be happy to cover the shipping if @SS4Luck is too busy vacationing. :laugh: The pieces circled below are what seem to be different from my gen2. I’m wondering if I can run my helibars I currently have.

View attachment 1665700 View attachment 1665701
the bars and mount clamp is all one unit. it looks its pressed on from the factory. to mount heli bars, it looks like you would have to cut the bars off and drill them out of the mounting bracket then come up with a way to lock the bars in place. lots of work but possible.

I may be interested in the harness :poke:

Back