Michelin Road 6

i dont think i mentioned this earlier unless it was in an old thread long forgotten but right now i have a set of Michelin power GP tires on it and I have to say I really like them for the grippy nature and although i am sure they have better grip than the angles i had on before it i honestly could not tell. probably could on the track but not on the street for me. Of course i was lucky in that i never had to ride then in heavy rain. They are not good for that i would say. Nevertheless Im impressed by the fact that i will end up with about 5k miles on this set before the rear needs to actually be replaced. The front isnt far behind. The race profile is nice as well. But if I have to be honest I think the road 6 is going to be the best tire choice for me. I do think its a do all tire for my purposes anyway. I mean the nastiest i get with it is on the dragon and if my angle GT tires didnt slip with all the knee dragging then I dont imagine this will either. Anyways. DRAGON TRIP SEPT 8th if anyone is in the area come say hi!!! I will be the one on the green GOBLN with an insta360 hanging on for dear life on the back that you suddenly passed and giggled at!!!!!:p

i dont think i mentioned this earlier unless it was in an old thread long forgotten but right now i have a set of Michelin power GP tires on it and I have to say I really like them for the grippy nature and although i am sure they have better grip than the angles i had on before it i honestly could not tell. probably could on the track but not on the street for me. Of course i was lucky in that i never had to ride then in heavy rain. They are not good for that i would say. Nevertheless Im impressed by the fact that i will end up with about 5k miles on this set before the rear needs to actually be replaced. The front isnt far behind. The race profile is nice as well. But if I have to be honest I think the road 6 is going to be the best tire choice for me. I do think its a do all tire for my purposes anyway. I mean the nastiest i get with it is on the dragon and if my angle GT tires didnt slip with all the knee dragging then I dont imagine this will either. Anyways. DRAGON TRIP SEPT 8th if anyone is in the area come say hi!!! I will be the one on the green GOBLN with an insta360 hanging on for dear life on the back that you suddenly passed and giggled at!!!!!:p

You do realize that this thread is about people getting Defective Road 6's right?

I'm finally getting my tires looked at but the dealer is having to jump through all these hoops from the distributor before they will replace them. IF they will replace them. I've been without my bike for almost two weeks now and I've reached the I'm pissed at everyone and everything stage of withdrawal.

Wow cruising I'm sorry to here you having this problem!I just got done using a set of p6 tires the regular size for my busa and I loved them.i got 11k out of them before i realized the front tread was gone. I replaced them with the gt version and they handle incredible. I'm my area most of us use a local tuner who knows thier poop. Please post how this turns out. I'm thinking it's the tech and not the tires, I could be wrong through

Wow cruising I'm sorry to here you having this problem!I just got done using a set of p6 tires the regular size for my busa and I loved them.i got 11k out of them before i realized the front tread was gone. I replaced them with the gt version and they handle incredible. I'm my area most of us use a local tuner who knows thier poop. Please post how this turns out. I'm thinking it's the tech and not the tires, I could be wrong through

The only thing that you can really do incorrectly when mounting tires is to damage them, to tear the rubber at the bead, and then they will leak.
Mount them backwards, which is usually only ever an issue in the rain/how well the tire sheds water out of the tread for wet traction.
Or balance them wrong, which will cause vibration at certain speeds, and usually high speeds/triple digits.
Any other issue will be from a problem in the manufacturing process.

i dont think i mentioned this earlier unless it was in an old thread long forgotten but right now i have a set of Michelin power GP tires on it and I have to say I really like them for the grippy nature
Very fast, I prefer the Sport tires to the roads, you just can't get under the road tires like you can with the sports. metzeler sportec is my favorite. I know guys that run roads but they take the "Sport" out of "Sports-Tourer" and cripple the Hayabusa imo.

Back