micron titanium pipe

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Just put my micron titanium pipe on. Havent received my power commander 2 yet. No remapping was done but the bike runs great......idles good and goes through the gears no flat spots that i can tell.....sounds meaner than poop...............doesnt look that great though......but you cant have everything i guess. Going for a ride tonite and tomorrow also had my 4000 mile service and everything was fine..........

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 03 September 1999).]

Vegas how did the head pipes fit...did you have to shim the oil cooler out and did the exhaust flanges bend and allow your pipes to leak...just wondering if they`ve fixed some of the problems with earlier pipes.

The fit was great, it had the heavy duty flanges, no problems encountered. I posted a note here before i bought the micron and was told about the fit and flanges. Called star cycle, they called micron. micron said not to worry everything will fit properly and the flanges are modified to heavy duty and they were heavy duty too. I have no exhausts leaks at all. The pipe sounds great and i can feel it better in low and mid range, im a happy camper........oh, no problem with the oil cooler either.......

Unfortunately, I wont be there...will be in Calif. for the week.....stop by anyways and show the guys the pipe , and do some bench racing with them...I'm sure they will appreciate it......

another interesting thing, i had my chain adjusted at 1670 miles and it has now a little over 4000 and i had the mechanic rehcheck it and it still had the proper tension. I also put in golden spectro synthetic blend it runs a little cooler and it shifts smoother. Man that pipe makes the bike run a lot better. I held the stock silencers up to a bright light and i could not see the light on the other side, unlike my micron.........a lot of restriction........Im now getting used to the look of the pipe, it looks better than it did yesterday. I am more than satisfied with it..............waitin for the powercommander 2. Oh one negative thing my gas mileage went down about 5 miles per gallon..........maybe the power commander will remedy some of this...........

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 04 September 1999).]

Best Cycle, Ill wait and come see ya next saturday when your back I want to buy that fitch fuel enhancer. Does it drop in the tank or does it connect to the fuel line?

Back