Miles, miles and 'mo miles.....

Warchild

Banned
... which is why I ain't been posting much lately, cuz I've been on the road.  
cool.gif

These last 8 days, I've been riding around most of the Desert West.... Great Basin and Death Valley, in particular.  Here's a shot at the edge of the Great Basin, near the California/Nevada border... pity the smoke from fires in northern California blotted out the clear blue sky:

GreatBasin700.jpg

Death Valley, not too far from Furnace Creek:

DV_8AM.jpg

This is The Devil's Cornfield in the center of Death Valley, It was about 9am here, and 105 degrees F:

DevilCornfield700.jpg

Well, I'm outta here tomorrow for another week of riding, this time to Colorado. Got to attend the Yamaha FJR1300 National Meet, since I am one of the co-rallymasters.  I believe I will be the only Hayabusa in attendance.  
cool.gif

See ya in a week, folks.....  
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif

Great pics War! Enjoy the ride. Looking forward to your future reports!

How many miles on the Odo?

It's soo small. And this computer won't let me zoom it in. Will have to peek when I get home.

Thanks for the update. I was hoping to see you in Spokane for the 100 year motorcycle celebration this weekend. oh, well. Next time.

Looks like that front tire is getting worn pretty good. What are you running on?

Thanks for the update. I was hoping to see you in Spokane for the 100 year motorcycle celebration this weekend. oh, well. Next time.

Looks like that front tire is getting worn pretty good. What are you running on?
Do you mean the July 19-20 weekend? It's too bad I didn't know about such event. I have been looking for an excuse to ride from Seattle to Spokane.

Does the event have a website?

PD. Sorry for going off-topic here ;)

damn and i thought i had a lot of miles on my bike at 10k. well glad your having fun and nice pics.
beerchug.gif

Truth be told, that front tire is the old Dunlop Qualifier that was on the bike during the Utah 1088 at the end of June. Some may recall I DNF'ed that event due to the rear Qualifier tread melting away in the conditions. So I had to mount up a Conti Road Attack on the back there in Salt Lake City in order to get home.

That front Qualifier had about 5500 miles on it when this photo was taken. While it looks (in the 3rd photo down) like it has no tread left, it actually does.

Regardless, both the rear Road Attack and the front Qualifier are off the bike now; I just mounted up a fresh set of Avon Storms yesterday for the run to Colorado tomorrow night.
thumb_up.gif

War I am at work envying you... I am 20k miles behind and sitting at a desk.

Oh well, guess that means my weekends will be full for a while
firedevil.gif

Back