Mitas tyres

Mike Chambers

Registered
Anyone familiar with the mitas brand of tyres? Especially the road tyres Touring force and the Sport force? We are on of the importers of mitas ( mitas road are connected with Yokohama, made in Slovenia) .

20240909_135649.jpg

20240828_133529.jpg

20240828_131114.jpg

20240828_131118.jpg

Interesting, I've never heard of Mitas tires.
Yokahama makes good car tires and sports car tires, so I'de like to hear how well their Mitas motorcycle tires perform.

Who said anything about Shinkos? Cheap and nasty?
You stated that you wouldn't want to put a tyre worth $185 on the bike? Fair enough, shenko are cheap, yet many riders appear to trust them , if Mitas road tyres prove solid and good due to their Yokohama pedigree, cost should not be a issue

I agreed with Wuzza on this one.
As I took it as, the Mitas cost as much as the known competition that most of us have used for many years, so not everyone is willing to try a brand new tire out at that price.
I won't cheap out on tires either, but a slightly lower price may encourage more people to try them, as they don't seem to be well known, or known at all in the U.S. market yet.

I agreed with Wuzza on this one.
As I took it as, the Mitas cost as much as the known competition that most of us have used for many years, so not everyone is willing to try a brand new tire out at that price.
I won't cheap out on tires either, but a slightly lower price may encourage more people to try them, as they don't seem to be well known, or known at all in the U.S. market yet.
I've got a mate here who's slapped a set of touring force tyres oh his 1250 Bandit, the bikes been dropped before so he doesn't worry too much. Kinda using it as a tester for the tyres

You stated that you wouldn't want to put a tyre worth $185 on the bike? Fair enough, shenko are cheap, yet many riders appear to trust them , if Mitas road tyres prove solid and good due to their Yokohama pedigree, cost should not be a issue

Sixpack got it right. I said I wouldn’t want to ‘try’ a tire at that price. And price is always an issue. I don’t appreciate being fooled or ripped off. If I hear that Shinkos or Mitas tires are worth the price I might try them on the Busa. I’m liking the Shinko so far on my Honda. BTW you seem to have an issue with (me) somehow, sort of argumentative when there isn’t any argument, and I don’t know why. You’ve also read the correct spelling of Shinko more than once and yet you continue spelling it wrong. Is it spelled with an ‘e’ where you live?

Last edited:
Back