MV AGUSTA F4CC

DeermeetBusa

Registered
Hopfuly one of you guys can tell me why this motorcycle gets to sidestep the 186 mph agreed top speed for factory bikes. Its a badass bike dont get me wrong but it says in Cycle World that its top speed is an estimated 195mph. Whats the deal?

Because its an agreement made by the major motorcycle companies.

Its likely nobody invited MV Augusta to the meetings, so why would they care.

That's my guess anyway
wink.gif

It could also be that is just the estimate. It may be restricted. Our bikes have an estimated top speed but are restricted to 186.4mph.

Don

(USN05LE @ Feb. 18 2007,19:17) It could also be that is just the estimate.  It may be restricted.  Our bikes have an estimated top speed but are restricted to 186.4mph.

Don
+1 - I'll buy that.

(johnstein @ Feb. 18 2007,21:11) it was an agreement between the big 4 suzuki,kawisaki,yamaha,honda i think ?
This is correct - it was an agreement between manufacturers not a mandate by some government.

And I think it was only between the Japanese manufacturers - which up until recently were really the only ones making anything fast enough to worry about it.

MV, Aprillia and Duc never were part of that agreement.

From the MV Agusta site..."The figures for the new MV speak for themselves: 315 kph (195 mph) top speed (auto-limited by tire specification)"

(bigoltool @ Feb. 19 2007,08:14) The new Ducati Desmosedicci should be able to go well over 200mph stock too. If anyone ever tests one?
Not all the stock from the assembly lines...theres is a few will go like that but, price is waaay up there...I asked one Tech. from DC bike show...
wink.gif

Back