My B-King Build

I have those mirrors, look great & very functional. See my avatar, I have mine turned down & I think it cleans up the profile a lot.

Again, I apologize for the most cluttered garage on the .Org but I've got roommates moving in AND out so there's a lot of stuff in the garage, plus, all of the emptied boxes that DID contain all my parts :thumbsup:

Roaring toys looks like he makes a great exhaust. It looks almost identical to the setup I went with. This is a full system setup by BozBros in Malibu CA. The system was actually discontinued this year but I managed to track one down online. I bought it through Exotic Sport Bike dot com. After a couple weeks of wondering what was going on with my order (paid in full already) I started researching the company and found SEVERAL HORROR STORIES about this company. They seem to be a third party setup that doesn't have a stock of their own. Anyway, I mention this as just information I found from others, but I myself did not have an issue with their company. I didn't want to give my .Org members my endorsement of a company without full disclosure of what I've learned.

The Boz Bros system comes set up for the O2 sensor so you don't get any FI code. While I was adding the exhaust, I also put in the X-TRE and Speedo Healer (THANK YOU VERY MUCH Tim at Pashnit.com, along with a Power Commander USB.

I had the install done by Lee's Cycle Racing on Aero Drive in San Diego. Jeremy Troy (professional racing) is a really good guy and is all about motorcycles. Quentin in the Service Department and Paul up front helped me with getting this custom job done.

Obviously with removing the stock exhaust I lose EVERYTHING out back, exhaust but also brake light and turn signals and license plate setup.

My first attempt was to fit an 03-04 GSXR1000 taillight fabricated into the tail section. Once the pipes were removed it became painfully obvious that this couldn't happen without totally destroying my subframe. It turns out that the stock exhaust is SO HEAVY that the entire seat section and everything under the plastic is SOLID METAL, no empty space anywhere. So to make a new taillight fit in there would require the elimination of my passenger seat (not an option). After brain storming for several hours with the mechanic at Lee's he came up with a beautiful design using a tail light off a crash job. He wasn't sure what bike it came off of at the time, but we later concluded it to be off an 05-06 GSXR1000.

The way it came out is AMAZING, looks factory to me. I would like to have the tail closed up with an undertail but that will be down the road.

Back