My fender mod...

ahhaha thats crazy....I did it the EXACT same way....I cut the radius off first and used it as a template just exactly the same way you did. :laugh:

cut a little more off...about 1/2" and get rid of that knob just under the plate...cut it so its slightly hidden behind the plate

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067992897 -->

Bullet, you are like the mod selfhelp guy with your last few mod posts. You're making things easier for the rest of us bro... :super:

Go on train whack it off completely! One of the best & cheapest mods I did. Seriously it looks waaaaay better with out. And a buddy of mine saw a new busa and thought it was a completely different model than mine cause of the single exhaust and no mud flap.

'Train, I think I would do like some others have suggested and cut it off so what remains is hidden behind the license plate. For me it would keep the lines and give it a more clean look.

BulletTrain, it looks great!

That was the first thing I did to mine but I cut it right under the bracket holding the plate and rounded it like you did. It looks like the plate is just sitting there...it looks really good.

I'd post the pic if you want to see it.

Kris

Bullet right after i saw your post i went into the garage and hooked up my own fender mod. Been thinking about it, but Never took the time to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

Bullet right after i saw your post i went into the garage and hooked up my own fender mod. Been thinking about it, but Never took the time to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

Go ahead, BT, hack the rest of that shovel off of there.

A cut like that is almost like,,,'why'd I do that'? :super: Still looks stock.

Gowain! Snip it! :tounge:

Oh My...So I guess you got tired of waiting for my slow ass to get you a template huh? Sorry...

Looks good man, Using the bit of Fender was a hella good idea...

So who else is going to give their Busa's a butt lift?

Here's mine...

__aftercutting3sml.jpg

And in profile... It looks like I took a bigger bite outta mine.

What did you use to make and clean the cut? Your Friggen Lightsaber?:super:

_Trimfendr7smcrp.jpg

Nice job BT. I'll have to keep that one on my project list for the winter. Keep up the good work.

:beerchug:

BT, great minds think alike. I did the exact same mod when I took my flap down. I like the way the plate sits and it does not move and flap around with the rubber knob still functional. Good job.....Bob

Now, Rev, drill two holes above, flip the licence plate holder and,,,,,,, suck that plate up in there! ;)

Looks good!
I want to cut mine off completely but still use the original turn signals.

Go on train whack it off completely! One of the best & cheapest mods I did. Seriously it looks waaaaay better with out. And a buddy of mine saw a new busa and thought it was a completely different model than mine cause of the single exhaust and no mud flap.
I may cut more, but I don't want to eliminate the turn signals just yet. I haven't found a tail/turn light treatment yet that I want to go with. So far, the one posted in the mods section where the guy used a clear lens and put the turn signals inside the brake light is the best I've seen. I may duplicate that mod and then remove the rest of the fender and the stalk mounts. Until I decide on a lighting arrangement I don't want to get too crazy. ;)

'Train, I think I would do like some others have suggested and cut it off so what remains is hidden behind the license plate.  For me it would keep the lines and give it a more clean look.
Yeah, I'm leaning that way, I just want to be sure before I lop it off. Can't exactly put it back once it's cut.

Back