Need help w Gen 3 Exhaust Slip On (GRMoto)

Easyridah84

Registered
Just received Carbon GRMoto slip on exhaust for my Gen 3, right side was extra tight to get on header, but got it on. Left side slipped on much easier but I can’t get the exhaust clamp enough to keep the extension on the header. Is there anything I can install on either the header or inside the slip on make up the gap? Or should I just use the assembly paste that comes with it? Any help is Appreciated.

6F4A9F82-675C-45EA-8439-66111049DE2F.jpeg

913D289F-98E1-48E1-9416-41BB584C0170.jpeg

If the clamp won't go tight enough, a piece of bent aluminum between the clamp and the pipe might be all you need. Heat it up with a torch, be careful it does't get so hot it melts, bend it around the pipe. It will stay pliable for some time after it cools so you should be able to do that by hand. Maybe you would have to sand it down thinner after it cools for a few hours. If the gap is between the slip on and the pipe, more gasket material.

If the clamp won't go tight enough, a piece of bent aluminum between the clamp and the pipe might be all you need. Heat it up with a torch, be careful it does't get so hot it melts, bend it around the pipe. It will stay pliable for some time after it cools so you should be able to do that by hand. Maybe you would have to sand it down thinner after it cools for a few hours. If the gap is between the slip on and the pipe, more gasket material.
I appreciate it. One of my friends told me speed tape May work I can grab some and also try your method to beef up the gap. Thank you.

are you saying the exhaust clamp is too loose around the pipe to tighten up? or the link pipe from the muffler to the header is too big and it won’t seal properly? if the clamp is too large get a smaller one. if the factory header diameter is too small compared to the slip on pipe you have options. you can use a exh gasket plus a piece of pipe over the factory gasket then slide the slip on over it and clamp it down. you can use a pipe expander to “stretch” the factory piece a little bit and increase its diameter. a combination of different things. post more pics.

HEX-FC HAYABUSA 1300 from that vendor's ebay site. 4 available. Ranging from $550 shipped on upwards.

Last edited:
Just received Carbon GRMoto slip on exhaust for my Gen 3, right side was extra tight to get on header, but got it on. Left side slipped on much easier but I can’t get the exhaust clamp enough to keep the extension on the header. Is there anything I can install on either the header or inside the slip on make up the gap? Or should I just use the assembly paste that comes with it? Any help is Appreciated.

View attachment 1647125

View attachment 1647126
Hi. They may have sent 2 different cans or what they make is junk no quality control.

One other thought, you won't be able to put saddlebags on that back end, because they raise up so high. That's the only drawback. Get rid of the heat shield, maybe get some Yoshimura R-77 heat shields for the pipes and just tack on some threaded bosses. Might look fine.

Back