New Mambers Only: What did you do Prior?

I am a production planner but who really cares about work. 37 years old,been riding 21 years first bike Honda 1980 CB750F got it brand new when I was a seinor in high school three years later CB1100F great bike for its time. Then in 87 got a Yamaha FZR1000 greater bike but nasty on the body after 30 minutes riding. Now waiting for my 2000 blue & silver hayabusa, cant wait.

Looking for members in central florida to go riding when my 2000 hayabusa comes in.

[This message has been edited by Tom LaBarre (edited 09 December 1999).]

From reading about age I may be the oldest Busa owner at 60. Been riding for about 43 years, maybe 230,000 miles, bikes include: BSA 650, TRIUMPH TT 650, NORTON SCRAMBLER 750, SUZUKI: 1978 GS1000; 1984 GS1150ES; 1986 GSXR1100; 1988 Katana GSXF1100; 1999 BUSA; KAWASAKI 2 1993 ZX-11-D'S;
The Katana is a hybrid: 1993 gsxr suspension, inverted forks, clip on's, calipers, rotors, wheels, mez4 tires superior to the stock set up;
My interests include developing performance in stock motors, minor mods like carbs, "blueprint motor" cc heads, great valve jobs; used to drag race chevrolet and corvett; won street eliminator at many tracks with a couple of "stock" well tuned fuel injected corvettes, 1960 and 1961 vintage. In those days anything below the 13 second e.t. was awesome, since I drove mine on the streets, my only car, and it went in the mid 12's it was unheard of at the time.
Later I became involved with Porshce's, Speedster, Roadster, 911 Targa, those cars were all very fast for their cc and out performed almost every other I ran across while deomstrating excellent fuel economy.
My 1986 gsxr was completely stock with exhaust system, the factory rubber velocity stacks taken out of the air box and "yosh-flowed" stock carbs, i.e. no hesitation, power at any rpm. For a stock machine it was incredible [1/4 mile @ 128 $ 10.43 et].
My motorcycle interests include having the bike perform at its "peak", but to be as civilized as stock, i.e. improve on or lose no drivability while maintaining fuel economy.
My objective is to achieve similar results with the Busa.
My profession is Psychoneuroimmunological Mediation and pain management. I work in Sport Medicine, rehab athletes and non athletes, e.g. the application of a finely tuned body. I consult in California and Florida. Have a zx-11 in Florida, hope to upgrade it to another Busa. In California I have a zx-11 and a Busa. The zx-11 has 1mm over bore pistons, 12.5 muzzy pistons, stainless steel valves, p-m valve springs, street grind webb cams [all because the stock valve springs failed], the valve seat pressure fell to 26-29, should be about 40, and it was less expensive to go this route than replace with stock stuff.
I have bred French Briards, have 5 of them, one prize male just diagnosed with cancer and unfortunately my 88 year old mother had another stroke. These two events may alter my ability to get "busa" number 2 for Florida.
I want to enhance the "Busa" with Sato exhaust, pc-II and dyno.
Looking for "friends" in Florida as I do not know many floridians.
Regards to the "busa.Org" I jokingly referred to the "adminstration nazi", hope this has been taken as a joke???
Alan

I'm Mike, 35 yrs old as of (Dec 9) from Sioux Falls,South Dakota, been riding for 25 yrs satarted on dirt bikes Yam.CT175, GS750 83, Kaw.zx10 88, 99 Blk Busa got 4800 miles on it since May its sitting in storage for now. Rode it out to Sturgis (other side of the state) had a great time. Glad to get in the Org. Never did see another one there lets get a gathering next year. Also work at Panther Graphics as a Graphic Designer for 11 yrs thanks BigD for opening the door.

[This message has been edited by Michael Stauffacher (edited 09 December 1999).]

GrumpyCop - I bet you have your hands full in Arlington. My car engine builder (and my car at the moment) are in Arlington on Colorado Ln off of Cooper. He's been doing work for me since 1994. There are an incredible amount of crazy kids with their cars in Arlington. They are always wanting to race me. My engine builder tells me there are too many senseless kids with rich parents. I also get Ch 8 WFFA here (Ardmore) and have taken note of the deaths from street racing there. I can see why. You must earn your pay!

Started riding in 1946 on a scooter. At the time they were cool, plus at 12 years of age cheap was important. With a 70 mph top end it was the world's fastest scooter, faster than some cars at the time. A 12 yr. old speed junky? Yep!
Got a CZ dual purpose bike in 1948; then a string of Brit-bikes which leaked everything leakable, broke down,caught fire, fried bulbs every 15 minutes, and would have turned off anyone with any sense. I loved them.
Went to Japanese bikes in 1967, and except for the odd Bultaco thrown in, stayed there. I had experienced all of the Brit-bike character and soul I could stand.
Tried to buy into the Harley mystique a couple of times,but never was a poser, and one ride was always enough to steer me away. Poor reliability and ill handling I could live with, but slow wasn't acceptable.
Last bike was an FJ1200 with a few mods. Had it for 6 years. Tried a Blackbird and a YZF 1000 in '97. Not any quicker than my FJ.
Tried the ZX9 and R1 in '98, but decided they were a little too flighty at speed for me.
One ride on the Busa in June '99 had me reaching for my checkbook. Now have 7200 miles, mostly backroads and twisties. San Diego and nearby counties have some wonderful sport riding roads.
I'm considering going from semi to fully retired so I can spend more time on my(black) Busa.

Slowhand,,the sound is more throaty not too loud,,but when reved you'll know it. Bike feels alot lighter,,maybe cause it is))

It feels like it takes off,,very good Throttle response,plus I have a BMC filter,PAIR plumbing taken off,,and block-off plates put in.

I'll have it Dyno'ed sometime in the spring. similar set up on other Busa's, from the same dealer have seen numbers in the lower 170's HP at the rear,?? we'll see.

161 ®

For those who don't want to do the addition, I'm 65, a semi-retired management consultant. Did 31 years in the fire service; the last 7 at the top. Hung it up (partially) in '88 to concentrate more on riding, skin diving and adventure travel.
I'm pushing my Busa more into the sport touring area, with accessories and mods to match.
Been reading this forum for a while; glad to be allowed in. Thanks, BigDog, and everyone else.

Thanks BigDog for letting me in to this resourceful and entertaining group.

As for demographics: my name is Dave, I live in the Northeast (a native MASShole to be more precise), I've been riding on some form of two wheels for most of my 30 years, I work as a Mechanical Designer to pay the bills (i.e. 'Busa payments), and I'm wondering if some of you West Coast folks wouldn't mind sending some of your good riding weather over to New England.

The bike... completely stock (recall mods have been done) Copper/Silver Hayabusa with about 5K miles. I do like this machine.

Dave

I'm JC, 37, from the very well known city of El Paso, Texas (bordering with Las Cruces, NM: anybody from around here?). I've been riding the last 10 years. BIKES: '87 Noghthawk S (only used bike I bought to make sure I liked it), '93 CRR-1000, '96 VFR-750F, '97 CBR-1100XX, '99 valkyrie std. I like cruisers because of their plushness and riding position for cruising in town, but I realized I can't stay away from sport bikes, especially when I need to travel 120 miles to the nearest twisties (at a turtle's pace) and once I got there, the footpegs starting dragging at the first curve. Being a Honda guy as you can see, and not liking the blackbird too much (ugly shape, tired of typical honda quirks on clutch, transmission, etc), I was ready for something else for a change. The only other logical choice on a long wheelbase, stable, powerful and relatively comfortable posture was the busa, so I ordered my '00 red/gray.
That way I'll have the best cruiser and the best sportbike. I hope to be welcome to the suzuki experience in a nice way, now that supposedly the '00 is recall free. I'm glad to be part of this site.

Sorry FalconCop about the cheap shot. As far as the pay thing goes, maybe I should have said that we don't make much for the sveral hundred thousand dollar college degree we are required to have.

On another subject - any of you in the Dallas/Ft Worth area were having a Christmas party at my homestead on Dec 22. Anyone welcome. Bring the Busa!

I'm 41 and from Little Rock, Arkansas. Previous bikes include: Bridgestone 100, (and you thought they just made tires), TM125, XL250 (last of the 6v w/23" front tire), DR350, EX500 and currently: '89 KDX200, '92 Katana 600 and a '97 ZX7R (w/65K miles).
Though I probably get a 12R, I have a HELLVA lot of respect for the Hayabusa (and always will). Without the inovations of the Hayabusa, we'd have no 12R (still don't - yet). The Busa has set the bar higher than anyone could have imagined 4 years ago and continues to do so.

Sadly, I think we have the nation's (if not the world's) worst Suzuki dealer. They are so bad, I order my Katana OEM parts from out of state. I woundn't let them change the air filter in my Lawn Boy (not to be confused with my 7R).

Welcome aboard, you guys have been reading about what we have been up to and what we are all about for a few months.

So I ask tell us a little something about yourselves. Simple stuff like what was your previous bike, how long you have been riding, where you are from and what made you purchase the Busa? Or what ever you feel like sharing with us.

We have entertained you guys for months, so lets meet the new guys.

Chase can you fix that to read Members?

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 09 December 1999).]

I am from Colombia, although I've been in Boston thiese last five years. I go to school here (Bentley College)My major is Accounting. I want to do my masters also in CIS.
I had no experience before I bought the Hayabusa. I only took the Safety classes that the dealer offered me.
I am not an expert but I dream to become one. I bought the Hayabusa because I always wanted to have a bike. My father always objected that issue, but since I bought it now with the money I make working here. He just looked at the bike silently. My mother liked it though and even took some pictures of the bike to show it to my family back in COlombia!

c.dolan, I'm in La Mesa, most likely moving to Escondido in January (I work up there). I've been wanting to get involved in the recreational racing scene around here, I just need the free time to do it. I have an old GS1100E I want to turn into a project machine. Maybe you know Kevin Smith, Fastzx9? Hope to see you there one of these days.

well, I played football for the L.A. Rams got released after two years with them.(92-93) I didnt want to play ball anymore, retired at 25. So i started working with juvenile criminals. Thought I missed ball so in 94 i played 4 games with the orlando predators and KNEW then i did not want to play anymore. Worked with the juviniles until Feb of this year. Resigned, and decided to finish school. I was 9 classes short. So,now I am graduating next week Dec.18 and I will begin to teach high school and coach football. My major was criminal justice so i will be returning to college to get an education degree, but I am still aloud to teach with a temp cert.

My first bike was T250 hustler,I was more excited taking deliver of that than my copper Busa.......can you blame me I was 17 at the time.

After that I just had to get a job in a bike shop ...suzuki of course (sorry my bias is showing) on to GT550J , I still love 2 strokes. Raced a GS400 in 78 got my arse kick by RD350s except round the corners.

Proddie raced a GS1000 then GSX750 when they came out ,I think it probabaly weighed more than the Busa.

Stayed in the bike bussiness till 88 in my own shop, got out when customers looking for
chain links for there farm bikes drove me nuts.... any way there was more money in cars
so I import cars from Japan to New zealand.

Before the Busa I had a 97 GSXR750 with the normal mods Dynojet kit K=N pipe ignition mods braided lines ..

Mods to Busa so far Fren tubo Kevlar brake lines

Next I need to loose weight ( me and the bike)
Full carbon fibre body work custom made $2,000 NZ (us$1,000)
4 into one. first choice Akrapovic NZ$2K
should drop say 15 kilos

But before I do that I want to see the new GSXR750 I'd like both bikes but I don't think my wife will let me....

forgot to mention my first bike was way back in 88 hate to say it a ninja 600. Sold that in 90 didnt get another bike until jan 97 got the gsxr1100. Rode dirt bikes growing up. first one was a hodaka (road toad)125, it was green and i got made fun of a lot. the next one was a yz125 liked that one. I also had a three wheeler. a little yamaha 80. It was cute.

Back