New or Modded

For 18 grand you cand get a new 05 and put a Ghetto turbo in it and still have a little for some bling.
Not CANADIAN!

I would still go with a new one for $15k(can.) and then get a few mods to hold you over. With the exchange rate right now, you could mail order from the US and come out ahead.

My vote:

NEW BIKE with a few mods!

Ok.. now you really got me thinking. I called my insurance company tonight and left message for my adjuster.....

By the way, I'm in Canada and would HIGHLY reccomend Primmum Insurance to anybody. VRY cheap rates and absolutley NO hassle with pay out. Not to mention my rate is only going up a very small amount 'cause of write off.

I pay around 320.00 CAN per year with full coverage. It's only going to go up about 80 bucks cause of accident. Stae Farm wanted 1300 from me last year. No comparison

Bought her back from the insurance company today.....more to follow
wink.gif

I have the cramp buster that I use on log hauls,, but I could see that happening all too easy to me!

I think it'll go the way of other cheap, useless things for the bike.. hellloooo garbage!

Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted/logged in.  Still a rookie for sure, and definitely proved that when I dropped my 2001 a few months back.  Bought her from Blacksheep who I met here.  Must say I would definitley do business with him again!

She is a total write off now, cheque is sitting next to me and my still sore shoulder / ego.  So I'm thinking NEW bike time WOOOO HOOOO.  I had some bad luck with mine (crank and bearings gone, thanks to all who helped out) and a few other loose ends, so want new one for warranty, my own break in, etc.  

Then it occurred to me I can get a nicely modded bike for same price.  I have around 15,000 to 18,000 CAN to spend.

No bling, just power and handling mods, preferably Canadian, and low kms.

Didn't see "classified" section, so if wrong place to post sorry.
I just ride with my right hand thumb up control throttle with the thumb, never had a problem

good luck with your future piece

Just cut a deal for another 2001 bllack / grey busa. It has cosmetic damage on right side, and my left is what was wrecked, so, gonna put the good parts from my old bike on the new one and I'm back in business with a mint bike!

This one actually has a warranty that will last till march 2005!, so that covers my previous concerns. Also comes with a bra, ZG DB, mototeck undertail, dropped pegs, clear lenses, TRE, afermarket gauges, and a cool Susuki Hayabisa Leather jacket.

For the life of me I can't post pictures!

Still not sure what to do with the old one. Put all the scratched plasic on it, and Custom paint time maybe. I'll still need a few parts to put it back on the road, (forks, nose cone, rear plastic) but not much really.

I'm gonna have two busa's in a few months...Don't know what I ever did to deserve this!
laugh.gif

You definitely have to be on your toes when using the throttle rocker or a throttlemeister, or any similar device. I would be more inclined to go with a throttlemeister for the exact same reasons that you spoke of. A little more costly, but you basically get the same result without the pesky liability.

I bought a bike last night!

I bought my dropped one back from insurance, mostly cause I got it so cheap. Then I found a perfect match for it in Ontario, another Black/grey 2001! His (now mine) has light right side cosmetic damage and mine is mint on right side so I'm in business!

Mototech undertail and fender eliminater, tre type switch (not exactly sure what it does except remove limiter, and it's supppose to make shifting smoother??), K&N, Double Bubble, clear lenses, steel brake lines, a leather Hayabusa jacket and a few other little goodies like lowered pegs, gauge package, bra . AND...the peice de resistaince, an extended warranty till next summer!

Whoo Hooo

Yeah, I rode with my throttle rocker one time and hucked it in the trash....too easy to get all tangled up.

Gonna have to go with a throttlemeister....least you can twist out of it and shut the bike down.

Back