new owner in Waco, TX

razorshark

Registered
ok...I have never riden a sportbike, ever.  I'm 32, just sold my Goldwing, have owned Harleys and VTXs in past.  My wife has been talking about buying a sportbike for herself for awhile now...and I broke down.  I purchased a 07 in Black two days ago in San Antonio...and damn this thing is fast, love it, although its harder on the hands and back that I had anticipated.

I'm an Air Force recruiter in Waco, TX, and I am going to park this beast in front of my office with an Air Force Only Parking Sign...that should attract people.

Great forum, I'll post pics soon, hope to meet other Hayabusa owners near me...thanks.

Ok, pics:

hayabusa1.JPG

hayabusa2.JPG

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

newbie.gif
 Great choice on a new toy.

post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

Remember we must have pic's

Pics, pics I gotta have some pics.

Congrats on the bike!
beerchug.gif
You made the best choice in getting the fastest color!
super.gif

Yes welcome Fellow Texan to Hayabusa.org we are having a Meet N Greet here in Austin, Texas on June 2 you guys need to come out and enjoy the fun. PM sent

Ah, the Air Force... I love it when you guys come around in the spring selling cookies...

Welcome and we have
! PICS!
smile.gif

"Ah, the Air Force... I love it when you guys come around in the spring selling cookies..."....DAYUM MC.
SHOCKED.gif

I am in Hewitt. It is nice to see another Busa from here post up. I have seen 2 around town, but no one I know...well 1 of them is my brother-in-laws neighbor/co-worker.

You need to try to go to Austin with us on June 2nd (Saturday) for the Texas Meet-n- Greet. I will be heading out that Saturday morning catching a couple of Busa's from DFW on the way down.
beerchug.gif

(TXBusa05LE @ May 24 2007,08:17)
(MC MUSTANG @ May 24 2007,06:10) Ah, the Air Force... I love it when you guys come around in the spring selling cookies...

Welcome and we have
! PICS!
smile.gif
Glad you like them!  
laugh.gif
I just spit soda all over my keyboard!
ices_rofl.gif
laugh.gif
firedevil.gif

laugh.gif

Click the link and try to make it. Send me a PM (click contact on bottom of my post)if you have any questions.
beerchug.gif

aboard & Congrats!

There are several options for raising the handlebars. They may help your back/wrists feel a little better. You won't hafta lean as far over...

I installed 1 1/4" Reaper Risers (about $30) on mine - it's a noticeable difference.

You can also opt for a Genmar riser and/or Helibars. Both of those will run ya in the $150 - $200 range...

(omslaw @ May 24 2007,09:29)
aboard & Congrats!

There are several options for raising the handlebars.  They may help your back/wrists feel a little better.  You won't hafta lean as far over...

I installed 1 1/4" Reaper Risers (about $30) on mine - it's a noticeable difference.

You can also opt for a Genmar riser and/or Helibars.  Both of those will run ya in the $150 - $200 range...
and learn how to use your thighs and back to support your weight, not your hands and arms.

Welcome!

But we are still waiting for pics.
poke.gif

Waco Texas......I love Waco. "Lolitas" burritos are the best. I got family in Robinson.

Welcome!

(omslaw @ May 24 2007,08
super.gif
)
aboard & Congrats!

There are several options for raising the handlebars.  They may help your back/wrists feel a little better.  You won't hafta lean as far over...

You can also opt for a Genmar riser and/or Helibars.  Both of those will run ya in the $150 - $200 range...
Or, you can go to Lowe"s and buy the 1" spacers with bolts and lock nuts. I did that, they work great but I am going to get the Genmar 1.25" to close the gap.
Also, get a Tobin seat.
Oh, and Welcome.

Back