New owner in Washington

Skydyvyr

Registered
I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now and finally got around to signing in.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

So I just purchased my first 'busa -- a 2005 with 12k miles and no service records. It seems to run great, but I'm thinking I should get it looked over and see if it needs anything done.

A couple of questions;
--Eventually I would like to do the bulk of maint, but being new to the bike, I'd like to have someone who knows them inside and out do the first work. Who, within 75 mi of Seattle, should I trust with it?
--Given the age and miles, what should I ask them to check out?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community here.
--Sky

Welcome and rules say you have to put up pictures of your bike :D I would have them look over the basics chain, fluids, brake pads.

oK, Who's messing with my screen name?

j/k, welcome and BLUE SKIES!

Welcome to the org.

I live just down the road in Olympia. I'd be happy to help you out!

SteveO

It's raining here in Seattle today so pics will have to wait for the sun. I was too busy riding on Satuday after picking up the bike for glamour shots. --Sorry

oK, Who's messing with my screen name?

j/k, welcome and BLUE SKIES!

skydiver, nice to meet you. I hope you'll forgive me for coopting a version of your name, but I'm skydyvyr everywhere else on the Internet and since I'm simple minded, I can't remember too many usernames.

All that aside, how long have you been jumping/ how many dives?

--Sky

Tufbusa, I picked the bike up at Redline in Tacoma on Saturday. I'd really like to have someone who knows thes bikes inside out to take a look at it and let me know if there is anything major it needs. Like I mentioned earlier, I got no service records with it -- I don't know if it has been loved and pampered or rode hard and put away wet. FWIW, the exterior looks great for a 12k mi bike, so I hope that the internals were cared for as well.

--Andy

Welcome to the board ! I'm here in Tacoma . I have a mech but he's in Portland. Redline has a pretty good shop and they have $199 dyno tunes . but I haven't heard anything about thier service as of yet . Aroara suzuki in Seattle is a good place . Steve ( Tufbusa ) . probly has the best ideas around here . Hope to meet you this year !

by the way we have a north pacific thread here in the geo. section , check it out

It's raining here in Seattle today so pics will have to wait for the sun. I was too busy riding on Satuday after picking up the bike for glamour shots. --Sorry

skydiver, nice to meet you. I hope you'll forgive me for coopting a version of your name, but I'm skydyvyr everywhere else on the Internet and since I'm simple minded, I can't remember too many usernames.

All that aside, how long have you been jumping/ how many dives?

--Sky

No prob. Be nice to my buddy Tuf he's my track coach mentor. You got some nice roads over there I've been on a few.

Been jumping since 91
D17590
S/L I
2500+
Javelin Oddesy/Nitron 135

Back