New Toy - 2002 CBR600F4i

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, a co-worker is going on assignment to Germany and needed to off load his bike. The price was something that I couldn't walk away from. The bike has some rash, but the motor and mechanics are sound. Just turned 10k miles, new tires, and a few spare parts. I figure I will use it to throw it down the track...

DSC08148.jpg

Talk about light...

I figure I would give a glimpse into my cave... There is a parts bin that has a whole bunch of stuff for a rebuild, just not too much motor parts... Then bin makes it easy to load for track day.... that way if I survive the incident there might be a chance I have spare parts to put the bike back together. Actually, other people benefit from my parts cache more then I do, but that's better because that means I didn't dump it and is cheaper in the long run...

Now the list of parts for the F4i...

John can you do the forks on this as well. There is a rifle case in the corner, ready for me to ship them in...

Keep one around also but find the 'Busa a lot more comfortable although as you said the lack of weight is amazing. Lotsa fun in the twisties.
beerchug.gif

DSC00085__Medium_.JPG

Keep one around also but find the 'Busa a lot more comfortable although as you said the lack of weight is amazing. Lotsa fun in the twisties.
beerchug.gif
Looks like yours in docked in a Baxley. I just ordered another Baxley, will be here in a week. Now time to put the wish list together for the mods...

I'm not used to the braking capability either... sounds be fun for short trips to the moutains, but I think I will use the Bus on the 10hr runs...

Nice bike Ted. We just traded for one at our dealership and the sales mgr. and I are talking about keeping it for a track bike too. Other than the forks, what do you think it will need to get it in track form?

Nice bike Ted. We just traded for one at our dealership and the sales mgr. and I are talking about keeping it for a track bike too. Other than the forks, what do you think it will need to get it in track form?
I'm not telling...

I think you are up to something... and don't try to guess because it's probably already on it's way...

wow fun bike.. that was there first late model FI bike I have ridden and boy do they sound sweet... feels and sounds like a real race bike right off the showroom floor... too bad it cant haul my fatazz down the road
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

you gonna give up how many jacksons it took?

nice bike... will make a good track bike for you. I ran one of those before i traded it in on my busa. It was a fun ride!

Back