New toy i picked up over the weekend.

Super sweet grocery getter from the early 90's. Very quick for it's day... The gmc cyclone was it's faster red headed stepchild...
Neither in stock form will give you any trouble in your STI. :lol:

Nice find though! Would love to own one!

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

I don't know what he has done to his STI, but I never got beat from a dig by an EVO or STI. The only mods I had done to my Syclone were upgraded CCHE with and RV water pump and 3in catback exhaust. I would consistently be 1.5 to 1 length ahead to 60. Not trying to hurt anyones feelings. Just saying props are due to the 20 year old trucks!

Sweeeet!! My buddy at work has one (not sure what year) but it is nice! I will try to get some info. and a picture for the thread! Congrats!!:thumbsup:

I don't know what he has done to his STI, but I never got beat from a dig by an EVO or STI. The only mods I had done to my Syclone were upgraded CCHE with and RV water pump and 3in catback exhaust. I would consistently be 1.5 to 1 length ahead to 60. Not trying to hurt anyones feelings. Just saying props are due to the 20 year old trucks!

Could have been driver error. According to the web (:rofl:)
STI 0-60 = 4.3
WRX 0-60 = 4.7
Typhoon = 5.3
Syclone = 4.6

You have the benefit of being an automatic Trans, so driver error could kill the WRX/STI's
I wasn't trying to knock your Typhoon or your Syclone, for their time they were some seriously fast vehicles.
I would never knock a Grand National even though nowadays there are many cars that would smoke it. Its all about being there, in those days... I was. I was street racing like crazy in the early 90s and ran my fair share of Typhoons, and the like. I won't tell you what I drove, because nobody ever believes it was as fast as it was!

:thumbsup:

Here are the pics of my buddy's 92 Typhoon! Sorry for the crappy iPhone 3G pics.

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

Back