nos question

bluesman1200

Registered
hi,
first time posting.
installed a nx dry nos system with a mps fuel control from snitchz.currently have a 1lb bottle 38 jet dual hoses into the airbox with stock airbox,no engine
modifications.on the dyno it gave me 35 hp more on the juice but when i tried it on the street for the first time it did not give the jolting effect that most people talk about when on nos.it came on so gradual that i was dissapointed.my buddy had this system on his busa with single hose 14 jet no mps but modified air box and he said it was like a sledge hammer hitting the gas tank.do not want to modify airbox and planning on going to a 43 jet.
what is causing the lag that i am getting and how can i fix it.
thanks and love this forum.
bluesman1200
2005 busa red and black

what's your bottle pressure at?
at what rpm and gear are you spraying?
most people prefer nitrous to kick in more gradual than a hard uncontrolable hit.

the first time i was in 5th gear at 5000rpm going full throttle and i had 1000psi.i do not want it to be super violent but i want to feel it.my buddy was talking about putting back just a single line and see if there would be a difference.he said a lot of it could be because i have not done the air bor mod but i want to leave it stock

the air box mod isn't going to effect how the nitrous "hits". Try spraying in 4th then 3rd and see if you get the "feel" your after before you start changing things around. Always make sure your nitrous pressure is >900

i did try it in 3rd and 4th gear . when you looked at my buddy's dyno chart it peaked real fast and when we did my bike on the dyno it was almost following the scale that i did when not juicing.it takes alot of time to feel and i was always checking my rpm not to redline but i sometimes pressed the nos for 5 seconds before reaching redline.i just want to feel the diff , like my buddy said you will feel the diff like a jolt but i am getting the feeling like turbo lag

:welcome: Montrealer

Be careful out there on the 20 or the 40.. the SQ is PITA :banghead:

The only thing i can think of is the bottle pressure. Do you have the pressure gauge?

Last edited:
yes i have a gauge,
talked to my buddy today and he said we will go to one hose going into the airbox.he thought maybe the hose is a little long.the jet is under my seat and then then splits into 2 lines to the ram air tubes and then into the airbox about 8 inches.but on the dyno it gave me 35hp with a 38 jet.the only diff. is when he was running this system he had one hose and a 14 jet with the airbox modified.mine is stock and i have a MPS fuel controller.i don't know off hand where his jet was positioned.he said with his set up it came on like a freight train and my set up comes on sooo gradual.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The fast Fi boc locks the injectors wide open you want that solinoid as close to the jets as possible, and try a bigger shot with all the fuel the box is producing.:thumbsup:

Regardless of were the solenoid is located in your system, it can take up to a second per foot for the nitrous to start flowing. If your line is 4 feet long, it can take 3+ seconds for you to feel it. The larger the ID of the line you are using, the worse the effect. The thin nylon tubing that some kits provide has a pretty small ID, and helps things a bit. Shortening the line helps. Installing a purge valve is a PIA, but eliminates this.

Mine worked awsome. bottle under the tail hump. about 4ft line going to the purge solenoid and the hooked directly to the main solenoid and dumped into the airbox after the airfilter shooting right at the velocity stacks. Now the nylon tube from the main solenoid to the jet/nozzle was only about 6 inches at most, since my solenoids where mounted to the front of the airbox. Also make sure you bottle is pointed the right direction. Bottle with syphon tube valves go up with out the syphon tube valves point down.

well i finally went back to the dyno today and the bike has 45 hp on the nos with a 43 jet.the double line was taken out and we put back a single line and we shortened it by six inches.tried it on the street in 5th gear at 5ooo rpm and now you feel it instantly.now i just got to get to the track.
thanks to everyone that answered my post,well appreciated.

bluesman !!!

just a little update,
i still have not gone to the track but this is my set-up.

2005 red & black busa with power commander and yosh tri dual tip full exhaust titanium (sick sound)
nx dry nos with a .043 jet and 20 oz bottle between swingarm and back tire,
mps fuel controller.
on the dyno 160 hp and 96 lbs of torque and on the nos 205.5 hp and 131.2
of torque.on the dyno 5th gear at 5000 rpm on nos.
solenoid is under the driver's seat with the jet then line going into stock airbox with k&n air filter.
sprockets 17-43 vortex adams swingarm with 5" extension
shinko 005 front and back for street and shinko 003 ultra soft in back for the 1/4 mile.
has anyone tried the 5 lbs bottle on passenger peg set-up.would appreciate feedback.
thanks
Bluesman

hey,
did not go to the yet but i did try it on the street and i can say that the feeling is like a very fast roll-on.it does not give me a kick in the ass or
like my friend that use to have this on his bike (he said it was like a sledge hammer hitting the tank).he says mine comes on smooth and not violent for probably two reasons.one i have not modified my airbox at all except for using a K&N filter and second he did not have the mps fuel controller.now the weather his starting to get cold besides all the rain so i guess i will have to wait till next year to go to the track.
really appreciate all the comments and help,thanks

Bluesman

2.5 # on peg.

new paint 008.jpg

7-28-09 011.jpg

Back