Oil Change and Questions

OB_santana

Registered
I recently took my Busa on a 900+ mile road trip (I have 6K miles) and had the oil changed at another dealership other than where I purchased. (my regular dealer couldn't get to it that day)

I had considered changing the oil myself, but this other dealership "warned" me about "other" work that had to be done...chain lubed and really BS stuff that I didn't understand or wanted to question before my road trip.

What really needs to be done other than oil and filter changes and how often?

BTW - This other dealership really left my Busa PIGBUTT dirty, greasy hand prints all over and the chain was just bleeding all over the front and back. Not to mention the pins that hold the front fairing under the light were all loose.
Yes, this was an alleged SUZUKI dealership!

Your owners manual lets you know what and when stuff should be done.
I hope at least they used a Suzuki filter. There is one dealer around here that uses EMGO and charges for OEM

ill tell you right now any dealership service dept. can eat sh--!! i am a pretty well experienced mechanic myself. (building dragbike etc.) it is just like anything else in the mechanic world. it is not thiers so they dont give a f--- about it!! i have experienced a few things so i will NEVER go back to a dealership service dept. again.just like some people posted, the warranty is sh--. they replace as little as possible and expect us to front the rest for their fk up!i stripped my bike almost totally bare and they still managed to scratch some paint. i feel extrememly strong towords this considering my age and the price of this bike. i cant just be throwin around $12,000 like nothin. im not doubting their isnt "any" respectable service men , but i have still to meet one. in my opinion i have met to many a--holes to ever change my mind. THATS MY .002 SENTS!!!!

Yeah I agree too! I had my bike in for a centre stand install.... Hmmmmm all that needed to be done was to remove the lower plastic and bolt on the stand.

They did the job under an hour, re-tensioned my chain and adjusted the gear lever.

Everything worked great except there was a scratch on the in left side fairing, in front of the hump and on the tank.

So they do not give a **** .... And these bikes cost 14000 in Canada

I just got through fitting centre stand, removing all the front plastic (nose cone, side panels you name it, it came off) Not a scratch anywhere.

It can be done. Its called care and attention to detail

(and its mine so if I did scratch it I would kick myself pretty hard!!)

Nuttier than an unscratched fairing :)

Do it your self, save lot and you know
what is done.

When I change oil, I can spend 10 minutes more than dealer and change filter also and do overall inspection.

If you are careful, protect fairing using towels when removing and THINK before hand
what you are doing, no scratches and no problems.

numbnuts. oh yeah it can be done but not very likely by a dealership. it has to be done by an owner who takes his time not to scratch..... oh yeah. does anyone have trouble getting the plastic around the radiator tofit with body?? mine wont sit completely flush anymore?

MIne too

It's not meant to bolt to the body work (I presume you are talking about the bits that come up the sides of the rad from the bottom, held in with 2 screws under the rad)

I'm really not suprised it dont fit though, all that heat is surely going to make something warp a little bit.

Don't you think??

Questionable Nuts

Back