ok so what now? Where to go for ECU flashing

a dyno tune is the only way to match perfectly. Most ecu flashes that you send out to be flashed removed limiters change fan temp etc.
I paid $700 US for a well known US ecu flash , which was later found to be only okay , actually pretty base . With the Busa , I initially just went with a exhaust package and pc5 loaded , then , added later ecu flashed by a well known fella in AU for Hayabusa , and is still running pretty nice as is .
I am thinking ecu dyno tune from now on for my street rides needs , and if happy , I will stay with that tuner for that bike .

I paid $700 US for a well known US ecu flash , which was later found to be only okay , actually pretty base . With the Busa , I initially just went with a exhaust package and pc5 loaded , then , added later ecu flashed by a well known fella in AU for Hayabusa , and is still running pretty nice as is .
I am thinking ecu dyno tune from now on for my street rides needs , and if happy , I will stay with that tuner for that bike .
SO what happens when you send the ecu to someone and they flash the ecu even with everything to match your pipe fuel type etc. it really isn't a tune for your specific bike it is a generic tune if your bike is on a dyno the numbers shown AFR, temp rpm, speed, etc are your bike a much cleaner and very specific. NOt saying the tune will not work only will not be perfect.

SO what happens when you send the ecu to someone and they flash the ecu even with everything to match your pipe fuel type etc. it really isn't a tune for your specific bike it is a generic tune if your bike is on a dyno the numbers shown AFR, temp rpm, speed, etc are your bike a much cleaner and very specific. NOt saying the tune will not work only will not be perfect.
Does Darkside Performance have a dyno? Are they a full-service shop?

Geez, $700 for a basic flash, that's horrible...I would've done it for Free.
I'm glad you found someone decent since then.
I would not want the karma from charging 15 times the price to someone for anything...let alone a few bucks over.

An ecu flash generally changes everything Except the air/fuel ratio.
Some tuners still prefer a PC or equivalent for the a/f, even though it can be tuned through the ecu.
So most mail-in flashes won't have an a/f change. But, if we had similiar mods, and I had an ecu a/f map created on a dyno, that although not perfect for your bike, but being better than stock, you could run that flash just the same as a basic flash with a PC with a base map loaded.

There will still be those who like petrol racing.... There will be two classes, electric and petrol

@AQTCJAK
My Busa , got a generic fuel map loaded pc5 + exhaust package , then , later on , a generic derestriction ecu flash , that is not the ideal ecu dyno tune that I now would like , but the bike has performed pretty good as is , for my street riding needs . So a generic ecu send away flash , and or loaded pc5 are always going to depend on how good your info to the dude is about your bike and riding situation , and how good the actual fella's knowledge is .. A real time dyno tune is always going to be best by a good tuner , and then you can choose stand alone ecu tune or through pc5 etc. .
Geez, $700 for a basic flash, that's horrible...I would've done it for Free.
I'm glad you found someone decent since then.
I would not want the karma from charging 15 times the price to someone for anything...let alone a few bucks over.
This was for the ZX14R , I had sent my ecu over to the US , in first phase of build . It was combined with pc5 generic fuel map deal , and the actual pc5 + ecu flash cost US $700. It still made good base power with that setup , but the ecu flash was ... generic and found to be very minimal changes . Now it has full ecu dyno tune by a fella over here ,using Woolich , and I am happy with the power spread and performance .

Back