only 11 miles and already have problems!

aphartman

Registered
Well picked up the new 08 today after waiting a week for parts to be installed that are now on backorder. Well I left the dealer and noticed the throttle/gears just didnt seem right. This is my first Busa so I really wasnt sure what to expect. Made it home with 11 miles on the bike. Went to go out to meet a friend who has owned a few Busas and when I put the bike in first it wont go anywhere. You can let the clutch completely out and it doesnt stall. You can rev to 6k in first and it just sits there like its in neutral. Tried it in all gears and it does the same. In 5th gear it doesnt stall either. Just sits there.

I'm so ticked right now!! Anyone know what the deal may be.

TIA!

Ah, not sure, hit up KSWaterbug, I think he may have had some similar problems that turned out being fix at the dealer. Welcome to the oRg, and please be patient, someone with some knowledge on this will chime in soon.

Is the gear indictor showing it's in different gears and it doesn't move? Sounds like a major clutch issue.

or like somebody else said "do you have a chain"
If the indicator is changing I'd deff check clutch 1st

Gears will change and indicator says that its changing. Just wont move!!! 1st and on its the same thing!! Just like its in neutral!!

Sounds like the sprocket shaft is broke. I call the dealer and have them pick it up . Don't accept that one back get another one .

Any unusual noises now or anything weird shifting on the way home? Could be a broken shaft in tranny but I think it would make noise. Don't freak, it's under warrenty.Check the clutch assembly if you feel comfortable doing that or call the dealer and have them pick it up.I think something has jambed the clutch released.

yeah I'm gonna call them in the morning. No sounds or anything so I'm not sure! Im not freakin out its just really annoying to have something wrong with it already!

Just in case it decides to come off of strike and work, I wouldn't recommend you revving it to 6000 in 1st again. The clutch would be the least of your problems then.
beerchug.gif

Strange, indeed. I agree that you should not accept a 'fix' and demand (if it comes to it) a different bike.

Please keep us posted.

It is decidedly an unusual situaton.

Welcome to the madness...

Be patient...it'll all get resolved.

Scar

sorry about your bad luck, pretty strange. don't touch anything, let them deal with it.
demand for another bike, probably difficult to do since it can be fixed under warranty but it is hassle buying a new bike and not getting much chance to ride. hope it is a easy and fast fix.
keep us inform.

ok now im confused. I went out to the garage to tinker around with it just to see what i could see. Started it up and it moved in first. took it up the street and it did just fine....no problems at all...?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

rock.gif

A friends busa did something like this! What we found is the push pin on the clutch lever is not installed correctly, see the pic its circled, that pin need to be in the levers adjuster!

19000_58.gif

Have you posted pics of her yet? She may refuse to move until you get her good side (front, back, left, right)
laugh.gif
! J/K, I trust it will work out for you!!

Back