Ordering a tobin

FJRider

Registered
Ready to send off my seat to have it Tobin'ized. I've got an '05 Blue & Silver. I'm debating whether to go with the dull or glossy finish for the Tobin. Anyone have a picture of this bike with the Tobin? I'm wonder which looks best with these colors.

Also thinking about adding setbacks. Which is best?

This is a pic of my 06 blue/gray with tobin seats.

TobinSeat1Nash.jpg

If you had an LE bike (black frame and swing arm), my input would be the flat black. Since you have a non-LE I think the glossy looks killer on those.

JMHO

Don

I've been looking at these trying to decide same as you and feel the glossy looks best.

Couple questions though...
Is it worth it to have that extra cushion on top of the foward seat...??? What does it look like when you remove it...? And how is it held on...?

I've been looking at these trying to decide same as you and feel the glossy looks best.

Is it worth it to have that extra cushion on top of the foward seat...??? What does it look like when you remove it...? And how is it held on...?
Never had one, but if I remember right they are zippered on.

Is it worth it to have that extra cushion on top of the foward seat...???   What does it look like when you remove it...?  And how is it held on...?
The extra cushion is just to provide a little support and feels much better than the hump. The cushion zips/unzips to the bottom of the front seat, so when removed you can't tell it was there. Looks just like PF248's front seat without it.

Dull black seats on an 03 Black/Grey.

BabyJ-43.jpg

Gloss black on the same bike.

BabyJ30Oct05-21.jpg

Depends on what you're lookin' for. Flat gives it that mean, business-look; gloss adds a little bit of flash. If it's the only real mod you're doing, I'd go with the gloss. Bottom line is that both will look good.

I prefer the dull one. I'm not big on the glossy one.

I posted the dull black on the bl/gr 06. Obviously I prefer the dull finish. The hump pad does indeed zipper from from underneath the seat. I only have it on there for looks in the pic. I don't even use it most of the time because I like the look of both tobins together. The hump pad won't stay up without the hump installed, it will fall back onto the back seat. This is a closer pic of seats.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/gwhunran/TobinSeat2Nash.jpg

Back