Paint flaking off

Scousertim

Registered
??? Hi all, just a quicky, picked up my 2008 busa a few weeks ago, not been on it much yet just cleaning and luvin it....BUT... I found a bit of black paint flaking off on the rear swinging arm, the bikes only done 4800 miles so I'm not sure if it's ok?...it's on the tension bar just above the swinging arm and then it joins the swinging arm by the shock.. Can't see any bends or damage, is it just one of those things...?.

Advice appreciated..

Ta

if you can take a few pics. of the damage Im sure it'll be easier for someone to help figure out the problem. thx

Was probably just spray painted by previous owner, is this what you are referring to/ if so it comes raw aluminum.

$(KGrHqF,!nsE8U9l-m2+BPNE8Q1WPg~~60_12.JPG

That year is when they started painting the frame/swingarm black, right? Perhaps it was hit by something and it's caused it to flake...or, like Postal said, perhaps it's been repainted (badly)...

Pics would help :)

Last edited:
Ha...your showing off with the picture......No..it's a square black section about 1 and 1/2 inches square mounts by the rear axle and goes forward to the swinging arm box section..also mounts the chain guard..
I think it should be black......

Difficult this isn't it....:laugh::laugh: I think I'll just ride it till it falls off.............

Ha...your showing off with the picture......No..it's a square black section about 1 and 1/2 inches square mounts by the rear axle and goes forward to the swinging arm box section..also mounts the chain guard..
I think it should be black......

Difficult this isn't it....:laugh::laugh: I think I'll just ride it till it falls off.............

If it's the piece I'm thinking of, that is aluminum and not painted stock, so perhaps someone painted it and it's not holding up ???

No..it's a square black section about 1 and 1/2 inches square mounts by the rear axle and goes forward to the swinging arm box section..also mounts the chain guard..
???

Is it on here?? On this side or other?

DSCN0409.jpg

I'm thinking it's the aluminum piece in the end of the swingarm...stock, that's not painted...

??

2008.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's the aluminum piece in the end of the swingarm...stock, that's not painted...

??

Maybe, but what's getting me is "also mounts the chain guard". :whistle:

Are we referring to the square/boxed frame arm bracing? If not I'd say to heII with it and ride it till it falls off and then you won't have to worry about it. :laugh:

I think you guys have figured out the right piece he is talking about. I powder coated mine, but could easily see why it is pealing if it was sprayed.

That's it.......:laugh::lol: the piece with the 2 bolts holding the chain guard on.. The top piece of the "v"

Brill well done.... You must have photos for every part on the bike.....:laugh:

Yeah, someone painted that piece...guess it's not holding up to their handy work. Sous powder coated his; might want to see about doing the same :thumbsup:

My frame/swingarm match that stock piece...thank goodness :laugh:

That's it.......:laugh::lol: the piece with the 2 bolts holding the chain guard on.. The top piece of the "v"

Brill well done.... You must have photos for every part on the bike.....:laugh:

Ok, so were are talking swingarm actually. Well I'll rephrase my last statement, if it falls off you definetly won't have to worry about it anymore cause you surely won't be riding anywhere. :rofl:

Hey, at least you now know it's not a stock paintjob gone bad :) Easy enough fix :thumbsup:

Back