PBI Sprockets and EK chains

I’ve been very impressed with my EK ZZZ. No apparent stretch with 75 passes on it. The research I did before I bought showed the ZZZ to be one of the most popular chains among the high hp busas. I did hear a couple of isolated complaints, however. I’m not sure if it was a bad batch or what. Overall, it seems to be the most common choice of the Street Turbo guys. As for as I know it has the highest tensile rating of any 530 sealed chain on the market. The ZVX is a great street chain for stock near stock bikes that might see limited strip use. Both are “X-ringâ€￾ type chains, the ZZZ has been slightly lightened. If you drag race only, the DRZ2 is a good choice for a non-sealed chain. I don’t usually recommend a non-sealed chain for street use.

PBI is a good sprocket company. They have been around for many years. I used to sell them as a top of the line sprocket 17 years ago when I had a shop.

EK ZZZ, IMO is the best chain avalable, Its worth the extra money.
But the biggest thing to keep in mind is what you are going to do with it, I know when I had my old busa it was around 190 hp, and I used it for street /occasional strip[only twice], and I used the set that vortex sells, they lasted a long time, shaved 5lbs off, looked good, didnt cost that much [$200 shipped}, came in any ratio you want [I had 16-42 and it was a rocket ship]. I believe they are 14000lbs of tesile strength for the sprocket set.
Check around the Vortex set comes with an EX ZVX chain and there sprockets, I gained about 8hp at the dyno after I changed the set, I dont know why it was that much of a difference but it was, and I didnt complain about it..
bowdown.gif

Back