PC2 installed...limit of stock pipe reached

G

Well, it had to happen eventually. Last dyno test got 181 HP and 113 TQ, with HP peak at 9000. Re-mapped ECU. Very lean. With the PC2 installed the power moved to 191 with 116 TQ, but still ran completely out of steam at 9300 rpm. With these cams, it should pull easily to 10500. Looks like the stock pipe is the culprit. I have no plans to switch the pipe (for now) so I didnt make it to 200. But its close.

Frank,
The crank is stroked 3mm and the bore is at 4mm over. This gets 1500cc, and at rpms
approaching 9000 the stock exhaust system appears to be going static. It simply cannot move any more exhaust gasses, so the motor cannot rev any higher. I always knew that at some point the limit of the stock pipe would be reached. Looks like I found it.

That is why I said the cans should be removed
If if revs up higher then your are correct.
But I beleive the stock pipe flows more than that

I agree with JC... just unbolt the cans. Also, I bet your motor is having a hard time breathing through airbox? Try a couple of pulls with the tank up and the lid off.

All good suggestions. But for now, Im gonna put some seat time in. Ive owned this bike for 16+ months and it only has ~1300 miles on it. It makes plenty of power for now. I may decide to go to an aftermarket pipe, but will need time to research which one. My preference is a 4-2-1-2 full ti/carbon system from one of several manufacturers in Japan. I believe I now have a source to get technical data on these, as well as a way to actually buy one when the time comes. We will see.

Tom, don't take this wrong but either you have something not right, or somebody doesn't know how to adjust the fuel settings inside your pc2?!

My bike has the 395 lift Web cam's(as you know)and it is still climbing at 11,000rpm.

Didn't you stroke that motor?

Back