pc2 lean idle?help! in garage now

G

I have just hooked up my pc2 and downloaded map #2. Started the bike idiles ok, rev over 5,000 and the pc2 scale goes from lean (at idle) to neutral position at 4-5000. Am I lean at idle? Can I adjust with laptop or should I change by hand on the modual? Leave it alone?? help!

so the scale is used for fine tuning the pc2 and during normal running operation it is a
rpm sensor for the pc2 modual. My next stop would be to ride the bike and fine tune the modual after a test ride? thanks for the quick response!

Map #02 is for race type slip-ons. That particular map was supposedly made for Micron brand race slip-ons. I had problems between 3000-3500 rpm in light throttle situations with rideability. [Surging/on-off behavior] I believe that map was too rich in that area for my setup since modifying the positive settings to zero AND/OR the stock map was much better and smooth. They have it set up pretty rich in a couple of points in that area. I was using D&D's with BMC. What kind of slip-ons are you using?

more a throttle pos. indicator than rpm. Turn bike off, key/switch on, twist throttle. You'll see.

NuckinFuts,

If you're hooking up your laptop to the PCII, you've got an RPM indicator in the PCII console as well as throttle position.

TMH, that immortal quote needs to be on the front page of your site.

Jelaime, I don't believe this problem was caused by anything you've done. Maybe magnified it. My bike is totally stock and I have that same surge that makes it a real pain to ride sanely or in the low-speed twisties. Almost feels like a TL-R at times. Search the board for "studdering" or "surging" and you'll find a lot of posts that discuss this issue. I still haven't found a definitive answer.

WELL AS AN UPDATE THE MAP #2 HAS BEEN GREAT EXEPT FOR THAT DREADED LIGHT THROTTLE POSITIONING BETWEEN 3500-4000. VERY CHOPPY AND HARD TO HANDLE DURING SHARP CORNERS!!
i HAVE NOT TOUCHED ANYTHING WITH THE TPS AND WHILE THE LAPTOP WAS HOOKED UP I SAW THE READING IT WAS GIVING BUT I DID NOT KNOW IF WHAT THE SCREEN WAS TELLING ME WAS INCORRECT OR NOT. i HAVE TAKEN THE LOW RPM SCALE TO -4 AND +4 WITH THE BIKE STILL SURGING! AM I LEAN OR RICH??? I ALWAYS COULD GO BACK TO THE STOCK MAP BUT THE BIKE PULLS MUCH HARDER
FROM 6 TO 11000 WITH THE 2 MAP INSTALLED.
I WAS READY TO INSTALL TMH AIRBOX BUT I WOULD LIKE TO CURE THE PROBLEM AT HAND!DOES ANYONE KNOW AT WHAT RPM POSITIONING THE PC2 DECIFERS LOW MID AND HIGH ON THE SCALE. A MORE INVOLVED TPS BREAKDOWN WILL ALSO HELP.
HANG IN THERE WITH ME GUYS,IM LEARNING AS FAST AS I CAN AND MY WIFE STARTS TO COMPLAIN IF I DO TO MUCH WITH GARAGE WORK AND IT CUTS INTO OUR RIDE TIME!!!

Back