PDAs

I've had a Palm V for about 4 years - I just replaced it with a HP IPAQ and I am much happier with it. I use "Outlook" and the HP syncs better since it actually runs MS OUtlook, Excell and Word. If you use these programs I would reccomend checking out the HP IPAQ.

Kent

I have a Palm Tungsten T3 and it performs well.  I use it daily on the job to keep me on schedule with my many meetings and I use it for personal appointments as well.  I haven't really spent much time looking for freeware but I am told they are plentiful.  Go to the Office stores and try several out before you buy...
I'll 2nd the Palm Tungsten T3. I have one of its predecessors, the T, and use it daily. One thing that makes it "perfect" for me is a 3rd party application called DateBk5. It integrates the PIM stuff (addy book, To Do list, schedule, etc) just like you'd expect to have them. AvantGo is another useful app I use daily (see avantgo.com). The MP3 player is nice when you're on the road a lot too... :type:

A 3 x 5 bound pad & pencil.
Never loose data.
Easly accepts all input.
Crush proof.
.39 at Wally world
I used to carry around one of those Franklin Day Planners that my employer paid way too much for. It had ALL of my phone numbers, addresses, appointments, special dates and info, etc., etc. in it. I left it in my truck one night, the very night someone stole that truck right out of my driveway. That was like 3 years ago, and I'm still trying to track down numbers and addresses that were in that damn thing. If it had been a PDA, I could have just bought a new one and sync'ed my data back into it from my PC.

blues.gif

A 3 x 5 bound pad & pencil.
Never loose data.
Easly accepts all input.
Crush proof.
.39 at Wally world
I used to carry around one of those Franklin Day Planners that my employer paid way too much for.  It had ALL of my phone numbers, addresses, appointments, special dates and info, etc., etc. in it.  I left it in my truck one night, the very night someone stole that truck right out of my driveway.  That was like 3 years ago, and I'm still trying to track down numbers and addresses that were in that damn thing.  If it had been a PDA, I could have just bought a new one and sync'ed my data back into it from my PC.

blues.gif
Fug thieves!

Thanks for the input guys.. I wound up getting one as a gift for my bday and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Its a Toshiba e740.. so far I love it but I have found a few reviews sayin that toshiba tech support a joke. It does what I need though plus it has built in wi-fi so I can be online anywhere in my house :).

Back