Performance boost

How much then in your dreams then Wuzza? We were consistently getting 20 with our gen1. I don't know about gen3. I guess I assumed on the gen3 also.

The most gain I ever heard from a pipe only mod on a Gen1 was 7. Most for between 3-7 hp increase. I forgot the brand of the highest hp exhaust.

Well. . . I’ll have to be way more careful what I say around you Mike.
Sounds like you’re a bit sensitive around the ‘dual named nation’ we have here in NZ.
You know, being ‘Māori language week’ and all

View attachment 1687606

C’mon man.. lighten up a little!
Whatever. You lay off the sarcasm emoji I'm.not sensitive dude jud wont follow any anti Democratic process, nobody overseas wants to see this crap

Generous dyno? Or just someone who actually knows what he's doing
As we know, dynos are just a guide and there are so many different variables to really make them a gospel figure.....

What is important is the bike did indeed respond well to modifications regardless of what the number is on the sheet..

Some dynos are generous while others aren't....

We've all seen the Suzuki dyno numbers where they test all their products be debunked by a random dyno at a shop somewhere.

In saying that, I'd trust the Suzuki numbers before I'd trust any one else's.......I'd imagine Suzuki calibrates their dyno regularly

well, the dyno said whatever HP BEFORE 4 in 1 and about 20hp after an expensive professional tune, of course, $275 back in 03, that was a lot. Unless the boy was lying to us! I do know one thing, it FELT much stronger that is a fact. The guy that ran that shop boasting 20HP gains was making a killing by saying yeah hey hey, you buy this and put it on and 20HP gain. Maybe he was lying.

well, the dyno said whatever HP BEFORE 4 in 1 and about 20hp after an expensive professional tune, of course, $275 back in 03, that was a lot. Unless the boy was lying to us! I do know one thing, it FELT much stronger that is a fact. The guy that ran that shop boasting 20HP gains was making a killing by saying yeah hey hey, you buy this and put it on and 20HP gain. Maybe he was lying.

Maybe he was. Might have been good for business. Ages ago I had a Suzuki twin carb shaft drive 1,400cc V twin with a four speed trans and twin megaphone style cans. Very quiet, very restrictive as was the airbox. I removed the air box and installed pod filters, had the pipes completely gutted and had a Pro dyno tune with carb jetting, blueprinting the carbs as they say from the Wheelsmith speed shop in San Rafael CA. and I didn’t get quite a 20 hp increase but I did get a huge torque increase. Turned out to be a real Harley killer.

Maybe someone could explain why there’s an obvious issue with using the Māori name for NZ among some of the citizens of New Zealand. Does it have to do with a possible name change for the country?

Back