Pipe set up

there are many here on the .org that have forgot more about the busa than I will ever know. with that in mind i think akrapovic evolution are the best pipes. considering looks, sound, and performance.

i think brocks is right there but they are much louder.

if i was in the market for a pipe for my gen 1 i would seriously consider the used akra in the classifieds. just my 2cents
You are correct Ti-Force and Akra are the best but cost big bucks.

good to know and thank you I'm gonna take a look and when I do decide I'll make sure to go with our sponsors here thanks for all the help guys and I do really want to keep that all black look so Greg looks like we may be talking very soon . I love the org. and this is one of the many reasons I do tons of knowledge from great people that saves me from myself :thumbsup:

Ok, if your looking for a performance (gain) from slip-ons. I suggest the Tsukigi Racing SS/Oval slip-ons. With a tune we got 160 HP with a BMC Race filter and these slip-ons...keep in mind the best GEN I made 164 with a AKRA EVO with a custom length can on our dyno and a 2005 with a Tsukigi GENII SS/Oval on it at 166HP.

I can do the slip-ons for $650.00 plus shipping, I have two left for this price....they can come in satin black for an additional $150. We can also get the Two Brothers Mega-phone style slip-ons. Every bike we tested with these types GP styke of slip-ons on the Busa and ZX-14 produced less power than stock.

smashing my loud pipe dream here though :laugh: but I won't sacrifice power for looks not worth the loss how would the Tsukigi do with a velocity stack, BMC filter and pc3 or is the velocity stack not really helpful and what size stack would I go with ?

good to know and thank you I'm gonna take a look and when I do decide I'll make sure to go with our sponsors here thanks for all the help guys and I do really want to keep that all black look so Greg looks like we may be talking very soon . I love the org. and this is one of the many reasons I do tons of knowledge from great people that saves me from myself :thumbsup:
Let me know. The retro-megaphone M4's in (black) are also a really nice option. Just call either I or Terra can get you squared away. :beerchug:

Let me know. The retro-megaphone M4's in (black) are also a really nice option. Just call either I or Terra can get you squared away. :beerchug:
yeah but like you said loss of power if I'm gonna do it I want it to be useful too not just for show and thank you I appreciate it. :beerchug:

I found them for $499.00 plus $56.00 for the baffles. I also added the PC V. There was no mapping yet available so Suzuki recommended mapping them to the Two Brothers set up.

For about double that price you can get 12-15 RWHP, great sound, and a mat black exhaust. I suggest Brocks Alien Head or Street Meg Short.

yeah but like you said loss of power if I'm gonna do it I want it to be useful too not just for show and thank you I appreciate it. :beerchug:
The M4's make really good power as well in slip-on form based on known testing, quality is not bad either. Price is good as well. Just another option, we see a ton of brands not just one.

Last edited by a moderator:
smashing my loud pipe dream here though :laugh: but I won't sacrifice power for looks not worth the loss how would the Tsukigi do with a velocity stack, BMC filter and pc3 or is the velocity stack not really helpful and what size stack would I go with ?
On the test bike I did the small airbox mod, knowing I was going to tune the bike, used factory stacks and a BMC RACE filter. Seemed to work very well, owner was a commuter who wanted more power and a little more sound and liked dual cans.

so at this point I assume 4-2 is the best way to go if I'm not throwing a full system on her then the M4s look good but I love the ceramic coating you just started doing a month or so back that's my style all the way I like my bike subtle and clean.

yeah saw that but the question still remains which is the better bet overall I want to kll the weight but I'mlooking for good all around performance I wanted to go the slash cut voodoo route what I'm looking for is any input a to wether or not that would decrease performance and which set up is ideal for lowering weight and additional performance so is a 4-2 a better way to go or a 4-1 ?
Those Voodoo's are going to be ticket getting, public offending, riding bud avoiding, crazy azz loud. Get'em and help our cause :beerchug:

Back