Powdercoating peg brackets...need help ?

Dearest tmpowdercoating somehow my request for assistance became a sales post for you:poke:. I think I should have gotten mine done for free seeing as how your getting all these sales from my thread.....:poke:???:rofl: Just joking. I took parts to a very good Powdercoater here in SoFLa. they just weren't too familiar with motorcycle stuff. Hence the fact they were kinda lackadaisical toward me. There did not seem to be the equal appreciation for my parts. If your not a biker they are just a bunch of Alum parts ! How about posting some detailed pics of one or two of the sets you will be doing. I plan on posting a couple before it all goes back together myself.:beerchug:

when you pick them up, be sure to look them over good. usually the smaller parts are harder to do. look in all the tight spots for places they may have missed!!

I will do that. It will be worth another 60 plus shipping to have it done correctly if it does not come out right. I gave them all bolts and linkage, the four footpeg brackets, brake lever, the two upper seat bolts, the footpegs, the two peg weights..etc...all but the two rider footpeg springs and the ball bearing plate and ball from passenger pegs.
I just hope to get it all back..:please:

Can you / do you- PC the shifter ? It has press fit ball with nylon like rotator in it as well as link that goes to engine has one it in as well ? Can you do these two pieces or will those little rotators melt ? ???

Thanks

Travis,

You work fast! Parts received at 9am this morning, not even 4 pm and you are sending me this picture, looks AWESOME!
pc007.jpg

That is a great deal! Unfortunately I just recently paid $135 locally for my powdercoating, and while I like the overall outcome; I actually had to file/sand off some of the pc. The powder coat made it impossible to reassemble the rear brake lever and the shifter!

DISCLAIMER: She has been cleaned since the pics were taken!:whistle:

IMG_0090 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0093 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0092 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

if you remove the rubber the pegs are knurled underneath and actually look better...well the passenger ones are anyway

100_0346.jpg

100_0352.jpg

TM powdercoated parts showed up friday, got them on today. Didn't have to sand or drill anything, all just fit back up like it did when stock, looks awesome, couldn't be happier :)

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

DSC_1643.jpg

DSC_1644.jpg

DSC_1645.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

DSC_1649.jpg

Looks great. Can't wait to get mine back and installed. Even though riding season is over for me. This is something I have been thinking about doing for awhile.

I got my parts back and installed. They look great and match the frame and swingarm color very well.
I must give Travis at T & M Powdercoating a big thumbs up. Good price, quick turn around, very good packing on the returned parts, and good protection of threaded parts.
Nice to know there are still good businesses still around.

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01869.jpg

Yes I agree they came out great. I too had all my running gear done here locally. I probably for sanities sake should have gone to Travis first because what happened was parts were dropped off on Mon. I was told by Friday. Friday comes no we need till Mon ! Monday comes , sorry for sure Tuesday morning. I go Tuesday to pick up. Horrible , I felt like crying.:banghead: I carefully explained to them it was not a fence they were PCing but my beloved steed.
They assured me it would be right in two days. Thursday comes , now close to two weeks and I go pick them up. Perfection, the way it should have been done in the first place. I had made such a scene there on Tuesday the owner gave me my parts himself and refunded my $ . So in the end I got the PC for free but I had to wait ten days along with the sleepless nights. The place I took the parts to is more of a PC factory and is automated. This is why they did not come out properly the first time because it was not done by hand. The second time it was and all is well.

I see you PCd your levers ! Cool. I bet that gives them a unique 'feel' ????

I got some frame plugs from Lawst Caws, Frame Plugs, Helmet Lites, Helmet lights, Lost cause, lost caws.
I think they tie all together by adding to the black look.
You can get them cheaper from him on Ebay.

I also had my two upper seat bolts PCd so you cant see them anymore either.
I plan on blacking out my rotor bolts, but at this point the only thing I can think of to do to these is paint ? I would like some sort of color dip/chem treatment for them. Sorta like anodizing for steel. I may have them chromed in a black matte. There is a place here that does this and I am going to look into it. I also want to anodize my rear axle blocks because they are billet aluminum. The axle nut same thing, not sure.???

ANYBODY HEARD OF OR USED LIGHTECH BOLT KITS FOR THEIR BIKE ?
These are color anodized replacement bolts and bolt kits for just about every aluminum nut and bolt on your bike. You can even replace some of the non critical steel bolts with color alum as well. I am just waiting for them to relaese Gen II kits. ???

Take a look..:beerchug:

Anybody curious what kind of diff Marchesini mag wheels and a Brocks made compared to the Muzzy and OEM wheels I had look at my thread in Gen II info: "Blanca's new shoes" :thumbsup:

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 003.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 005.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 014.jpg

Last edited:
Back